Thread: Game Launcher Problem | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Bought Splinter Cell: Conviction yesterday, haven't even successfully launched. Ubisoft Game Launcher claims that "An internet connection is required to play this game. Failed to connect to Ubisoft master servers. Please verify that your internet connection is functional and try again."
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Ubisoft support report, although i have never had to do this to connect to master server.

If you have a router in your home network, please make sure that you have the latest firmware installed for that device. Your router manufacturer should be able to help you complete this update.

- In addition, the following ports will need to be open in your router or any firewall software you may be running:

9103, 9100, 10196 (UDP outbound/inbound)
    80, 3081, 3105 (TCP outbound)
    22350 - 22380 (TCP inbound)

If you are unsure of how ports work, the best course of action may be to contact your router manufacturer, system administrator or ISP for more information.

http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/cg...!!&p_li=&p_topview=1

http://findports.com/article/t...nter-cell-conviction

NOW starts the rant! This is absolute BS. You should NOT have to open ports on your router to just play in SINGLE PLAYER MODE! I can't even get the game to activate, let alone launch! Open ports are a security hole, no matter what you hear! This game is just not worth that. I might as well knock down the firewall and invite the burglars into my house!

I've gotten absolutely nowhere with Ubisoft tech support other than those standard items they ask EVERYONE to do, like check if you can see certain IP addresses from a supplied link (the numbers I see are different from what they want and I want to know WHY), uninstall, clean up and reinstall the launcher program or put your proxy settings within the launcher program (I'm NOT running a LAN or something exotic with a proxy, Windows is running things with default settings AND my firewall says that this game is allowed through)! And since I didn't answer tech support back quick enough, I was busy during Christmas, they've closed my question as "solved", NOT!

Only with software products can companies get away with outright theft from it's customers. I buy anything else and I can get a refund if the product doesn't work right or is broken. But nooooooooooooo, you're hosed if you buy some software product and agree to some cryptic rear-end covering EULA before you can even try it out to see if it works! This is essentially taking a legitimate customer's right to redress away.

If Ubisoft doesn't come up with a better solution to get this game to work on my computer, I'm going to FOREVER write Ubisoft and anybody else that uses this type of DRM scheme OFF my shopping list. If the problem is that you can't keep your servers up, either FIX the servers or send legitimate customers a non-DRM executable so that we can PLAY THIS GAME! I have no problems with STEAM, so it can be done CORRECTLY! I HAVE PROOF OF PURCHASE and I'm not some thief, so give me a product that I can enjoy!

I agree with tunnelcat. I have just bought a DVD version of the game and the installation claims to be successful. Update patches for the game and the launcher have downloaded automatically and installed correctly, I have an account that works.
    When I start SC Conviction the launcher opens & connects to Ubisoft, it does a quick check for updates then says "your game will start in 5 seconds".
    When the countdown reaches zero the screen switches to full screen black for half a second then back to the desktop with absolutely no part of the game running.
    Clearly I have an internet connection because the launcher has logged in and says it is ready to start.
    Still waiting for a reply from Ubisoft.

Oh for crying out load! I finally got past the problem. After going round and round with tech support, I found my problem.

I had previously checked my router firewall a long time before and THOUGHT it was set to the lowest setting. It claimed that was default setting on the router's page too. Well, I got suspicious when I couldn't get into Steam to play Portal. I knew that I had been able to play Steam games with no problems a month ago. So after much swearing and poking around, I started checking my router's firewall. Son of a *****! It was set to the HIGHEST SETTING and blocking all incoming traffic! Then I started to set it lower to see what it would take to get Steam to work. Even on 'low' things were blocked. Finally I set it to 'NAT Translation Only', the most basic of firewall settings. BINGO, I was into Steam!

So today I reinstall SCC. No problems either. I got into the registration page and entered my key just fine. I even got into the menu page for the game after logging into Ubisoft. My only problem right now is that I can't set my resolution to 1920X1200, which I'm sure there's a fix for.

So I've left my router's firewall set to 'NAT' and my Windows Firewall is 'ON'. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Somewhere, somehow my router's firewall got set up to 'high' and I stupidly assumed it was still set to my original settings. Oh well, I'll see how things work with SCC.

EDIT: Resolution problem resolved. Use mouse scroll wheel, doh!

i have a solution for "connect to master server" problem.i deleted my hosts file from windows/system32/drivers/etc.it works for me.finally i can download the v1.04 patch and update game launcher. enter the game

Originally posted by tunnelcat:
    Oh for crying out load! I finally got past the problem. After going round and round with tech support, I found my problem.
    So what do you think to the actual gameplay and graphics?.