UQMG for IL2FB UPGRADE 4.8.10! UQMB - UberQuick "Multi-National" Mission Briefer
Dear UQMG users from the IL-2 FB Community,
(Download and Installation Instructions in the bottom of this post.)
Dear UQMG users,
I am extremely excited to announce the immediate availability of the most exciting UQMG upgrade to date, not only it brings all new features of the UQMB, it provides every upgrade released for UQMG and UQMM to date. It is free, of course, and will bring your UQMG to version 4.8.10. The total number of updates and new features are too many describe, so I will highlight the most important ones below. All in all, IL-2 FB will bring you now more enjoyment than ever with the new features in UQMG.
* Announcing the UQMB (UberQuick "Multi-National" Mission Briefer), a powerful, yet very easy to use tool that (I hope) will transform FB/AEP for mission builders. It is a separate application that is embedded within UQMG, and it allows for easy editing of Briefing files using time saving features and a standard look for your FMB created missions, including headers in different languages. The following are the features of UQMB:
* Ability to edit any IL-2/FB briefing using a Windows-like interface, making it easy to use your mouse for editing functions.
* Time-saving and immersion tools:
- UQMB can go into the mission file and extract the mission information, saving valuable time.
- Add Date, including day of the week, author information and mission title to your briefing.
* Compatible with Multiplayer tags, but it includes separate, easy to see fields that make it easy for anyone to use them without the need of awkward tags in the briefing.
* Compatible with FBDaemon DF Arena Campaign system tags, without the need of writing codes or tags; it also includes an expanded window for ease of editing.
* International features:
- UQMB can include summary and mission information in different languages including special characters for proper display in IL-2 briefings. The list of languages is as follows:
- French (uses _fr.properties files)
- German (uses _de.properties files)
- Japanese (currently only supported in UQMB, but uses Unicode which will most likely/hopefully be supported in Pacific Fighters)
- Russian (uses _ru.properties files)
IMPORTANT UQMB INFORMATION:
* Limitations: Aircraft Name, Aircraft Load & Map Names are not translated. Translations may not be 100% correct, however the text can be easily edited.
* Requirements for UQMB only: Due to Unicode/International character requirements, UQMB requires the Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object Library to be installed in your PC. This file/library, ''C:\WINDOWS\system32\FM20.DLL", is associated with Microsoft Office, and Microsoft does not allow the distribution of that file. THERE IS ONE SOLUTION: You may download and install Microsoft ActiveX Control Pad for Free from Microsoft, which installs that file without the need for Microsoft Office. The link is below:
[If the file is not found, UQMB will prompt you to go to the mentioned site.]
UQMG/UQMM/UQMB New Feature
* Persistent Directory - prior to this edition, when you opened or saved a file ("uqmg" data file, or a mission in UQMM), the Open/Save dialog would open in the default directory. Now it opens in the last directory you used. The same is true for UQMB.
* UQMM Updates:
- Made changes in the code which should allow the IL-2 Sturmovik file transfer work in non-English PCs.
* UQMG Updates:
- IMPORTANT: Save files are now located in the MAIN subdirectory. This will greatly ease the next full installation I will make available in my site. See the File menu help for better explanation.
- Cleaned the bottom part of the main Interface. Rockets now are a part of the Scenery Editor, and moved help information to the Help Menu.
- Added complete instructions to completely remove UQMG from your PC (very useful for clean installs) in the Help menu.
- Made changes to code so that a mission is generated when the program first starts after an update. This is no big deal but will eliminate one step the users need to perform during the next full install I will make available.
To install this upgrade:
* Download WinZIP file from http://www.uberdemon.com
* UnZIP it in the directory you installed UQMG for IL2 FB (most likely "c:\program files\uberquickfb"). Best way to do that is to Right Click on the zip file and then go to the Winzip options, then select "Extract Here".
* Start UQMG as usual.
* ONLY INSTALL UPGRADE AFTER YOU'VE RUN THE ORIGINAL UQMG INSTALLATION SUCCESSFULLY AND PLAYED AT LEAST ONE UQMG GENERATED MISSION IN IL-2 FB!!!! IF YOU INSTALL UPGRADE BEFORE YOU RUN UQMG, IT WILL NEVER WORK. If you do that you will need to uninstall UQMG from the Windows Control Panel, then manually erase the UQMG directory, then you will need to re-install it, go through every step without skipping anything, then run it, follow instructions when running, generate a mission, if successful then install upgrade. Needless to say, read the instructions.
* If you get asked to overwrite a file, say "Yes to All".