Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: weapons | Forums

Originally posted by Prozac360:
    The plot has always been losely based on possible current or upcoming events.

GR3 is the first one iv seen step way out of line with something that seems ( at first glance ) to have no real world conflict base.

Either way most of what I have read in this thread so far is pointless... Ask a stupid question get told a smart answer (thanks white knight and gab )
    LMAO
    What exactly is so loosely possible about U.S./NATO soldiers having a gun battle in Red square?

Presuambly the thought of Soviet Spetnatz blowing up tanks outside of the White House in Washington to save America from islamic terrorism is another scenario whose realism you wouldn't blink at.

American soldiers in Mexico is WAY more believable than that junk.
    In fact ANY nations soldiers in Mexico is WAY more believable than that junk.
    As I said, plot written on the back of a match book down the pub.

This whole "it's a real bunch of soldiers nonsense" is too much.
    The Ghosts are a fictional unit, they did not rescue Moscow in 2008.
    They do not exist.
    It's a video game, it's not real. It hasn't happened.

We can pretend that the are based on a real bunch of people, but they are not.
    It's science fiction.

We can substitute any fantasy we like as for the unit names, regiments, soldier names and scenario plots, the important part is the core infantry simulation.
    It still never happened. It never will.

Since we can, and the game play will remain true, we should.
    There will always be people like the posters above who cannot or do not wish to, disassocociate the game with reality.
    Therefore the fantasy should be tailored to the maximum cross section of these people. (Not just the minority of Americans), in order to sell it top them.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Dude give it a rest already. The ghosts and Ghost Recon, is/are based on US Special Forces, if you want a game with a multinational theme, play R6. Both franchices sell well enough that they have sequels in the pipeline. End of story, there is nothing to debate.
    -------------------------
    Administrator - [color:green]GhostRecon.net[/color] | [color:blue]AGR-S.com[/color]

Originally posted by NYR_32:
    Dude give it a rest already. The ghosts and Ghost Recon, is/are based on US Special Forces, if you want a game with a multinational theme, play R6. Both franchices sell well enough that they have sequels in the pipeline. End of story, there is nothing to debate.
    ^Ditto

Who cares anyways, they are just a couple of cartoon dudes moving around on a screen anyways.

"It is better to sit in silence and appear ignorant, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

I was talking about GR3 and not GR2 when I was refering to being in the pipleline for at least a year now. At the time of it's cancelation GR2 had been in development for over a year, close to 18 months.

I at least know my games unlike you. Give it up, guy, you came here thinking you know RSE games (a studio started and owned by a US author on US soil), yet you don't know a thing really.

My colleague at GR.net is right, give it a rest. You are in a losing battle.

Banned
    I just hope we can customize our guns and then be able to keep them set up a certain way like in AA how u can just pick a certain set to save time.

Geez! Read what the guy has to say before you sit your a**es down right in his face. I for one think baff6 has some good points (and has got a lot of facts straight too). If you don't agree with him argument in a civil way, not by taking that superior attitude. It makes intelligent people (like me ) loose respect for you. And furthermore it just isn't nice. Go back and read, baff6 didn't start being impolite. He was met by this attitude that some of you really, REALLY, should drop right away.

Peace.

The initial subject wasn't the weapon ?

Perhaps you are a bit offtopic for the moment.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567