Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: GRFS Campaign Q&A | Forums

Originally posted by sameer_monier:
    Hey Antoine, it been a while, I thought we will hear every Friday from you, only 2 articles so far, come on we want to know more
    Hi Sameer,
    I had two very busy weeks for planning a lot of things. Stay tuned, new content is coming beg. of next week and then we'll be back to a weekly basis.

Thanks for all your questions!

Senior Community Developer - Massive Entertainment
    Twitter:@aemond
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Originally posted by Ubi_Antoine:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sameer_monier:
    Hey Antoine, it been a while, I thought we will hear every Friday from you, only 2 articles so far, come on we want to know more
    Hi Sameer,
    I had two very busy weeks for planning a lot of things. Stay tuned, new content is coming beg. of next week and then we'll be back to a weekly basis.

Thanks for all your questions! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay, Even though it is going to be painful to wait, I hope next week you give us many things, give us something to make it up for us

But Thanks for your hard work anyway

Glaswegian currently living in Switzerland
    More q's

are mission dependants and secondary and compulsory objectives making a return??

I am a big fan coop graw campaign. but will some of the mission dependants and secondary objectives in grfs story campaign, will these represent say the top tier achievements/trophies in the game?

i.e
    failure to cause diversion on locks and plant tracker = no achievement on mission.

In swamp airfield no simultanous cut = helos inbound. consequences for not doing mission sections correctly.

Love having consequences other than a straight fail for the mission like Attack helo.s inbound, enemy spec-op/elite squad insertion on map, civilians running around all over the place, Attack dogs with tracker teams get deployed, APC's, withdrawal to a secondary (harder action focused) extract because the primary is cut off, or all at once!!!,

just to mess you up when your team run and gun it/poorly communicate. Love to hear players say things like
    "WTF, I can't return fire I am out of F$£%ng ammo!"
    or
    "anybody still have GL ammo, NO, we r screwed!!"

then somehow just scraping by to mission end. OR laughing at the player when your dead in lobby chat as you and ur teammates watch the inevitable last stand player fail, so close to the end!! LOVE THAT ABOUT GR! so close, yet so far!

In GRFS I hope a perfect mission gets all achievements for that mission (e.g low, guarded, elevated risk).

PS would really like to see attack dogs, would love to hear myself and other players during the first weeks of GRFS sob, or say lines like "the F*(^*ng dog is attacking me man! shoot it! ^%$^^%$% SHOOT IT!" especially after shooting the handler, then the dog runs them down!
    "This game is totally the right type of wrong for me though! LOL" said about OPF:RR.

Don't dum down tactical shooters for a slice of COD pie! YUMM! COD PIE!

@MonkieMurdie

You just need to make games man. Great stuff there that seems to be absent in all FPS/TPS games

Glaswegian currently living in Switzerland
    Cheers! but I haven't had any job offers so back to the forum.

@ubi_antione
    Through the Ghosts #2 - Order system redesigned interview.
    http://ghostrecon.uk.ubi.com/communitynews/?p=2381

“We want the player to focus on what matters. We want the player to think about who should I kill first, who should I ask my teammates to take down, when… And not how they are going to do it. So the player needs to retrieve information on the enemy thanks to the high tech tools… and then decide what to do with that info. We want the player to tell his teammates to shoot that target, now! And not go to that cover, then to that one, and now you kill that one and you kill that other one, etc. Planning and synchronizing, not baby-sitting (smile)” told me Roman.
    what would happen if the players just ran around like in graw and shoot the first thing they see?
    Or another way of looking at it
    what is the incentive for using sync shot?

does it relate to a consequence? as my post 2 above details!

I mean 4 good players in graw can easily take down a coop campaign map after a few plays by running around!! how is this paragraph from the article going to fit with my comments.

I know you gave a couple of examples but again it's context. I haven't played FS but in graw 2 it's hard to imagine being pinned by the AI and needing co-ordinated help from team mates.
    "This game is totally the right type of wrong for me though! LOL" said about OPF:RR.

Don't dum down tactical shooters for a slice of COD pie! YUMM! COD PIE!

New article finally live:
    <LI>Through the Ghosts #3 - Firearm shooting model

Thanks for the questions, I'll give you more insights soon with new articles. I'm going back to the weekly rhythm.

Also, an additional answer (this time for Sameer):
    How long is the SP Campaign ?! (please don't tell me 8hrs)
    Answer:The SP campaign will be longer. The missions are big. We target +12h. The campaign is also seamlessly playable in co-op (up to 4), so you'll likely play it more than once

Will it have more of a cinematic aspect to the campaign or follow along the lines of a R6 in that its "go here shoot ten guys then repeat"?

Okay Antoine, I am glad you are back to weekly basics, it makes me get excited, are we still on every Friday release or did you change it to every Wednesday ?!

Also should we expect something this Friday

Now regarding the answer, thanks alot, that is really something I was worried about, 12hr seems good to me, it is a big plus actually

And the new article was a nice read, I guess I should pay attention to every weapon to see what fits my style

Share your ideas with me on SC6 "if you love Conviction" Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
    Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube

PPPPPPlllllllleeeeeeeaaaaaaasssssssseeeeeeee post some vids or somemore news on this game please!!!

@Sameer: it should be every Friday, but sometimes earlier in the week.

For this week, don't expect another article. Have a look at the MP Q&A topic, I answered two short questions there also.

Thanks for your feedback, Thad and I appreciate it!

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast