Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: GRFS Campaign Q&A | Forums

Originally posted by atacms:
    Why is the optical camo only available in certain parts of a mission and NOT when the player chooses?
    who said that ?!

Share your ideas with me on SC6 "if you love Conviction" Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
    Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Originally posted by sameer_monier:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by atacms:
    Why is the optical camo only available in certain parts of a mission and NOT when the player chooses?
    who said that ?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

See below for a response from Ubi_Antoine to my question regarding being able to use the optical camo to AVOID having the gunships go after you in the E3 demo. In other words, totally be stealthy and avoid the UNREALISTIC scenario of being able to avoid a gunship firing directly at you and YOU as a Ghost managing to survive.

Originally posted by Ubi_Antoine:
    Hi,
    Regarding the map shown at E3:
    - The whole sequence <span class="ev_code_RED">before </span> the rescue of the VIP is feasible in "100% stealth" (with a good use of Intel and Synch shot).
    - As indicated during the satellite scan, a column comes back from a patrol. So, the GHOSTS must quickly react.
    - This is why reinforcement comes for the rescue of the VIP... (magic of the script ) They don't come out from nowhere. The first walkers are dropped by the HINDS (they do attack + troops transport). The others come by truck just after.
    So, actually, there is « Ride » at the end. The gameplay loop is this alternation between Fight Sandbox and more emotional scripted events. Indeed, no multi resolution of the objectives here.

----In your application of military force, be just, fair, precise, but to conquer your enemies' will, heart and mind, seek to improve his lot- atacms-----

: could you show us the E3 Demo again fully stealth ?!, it would be nice, like not shooting anyone and reaching the hostage without a fight, even though the cameo may make it a little easier than how it should be
    I completely agree with Sameer on this

A video showing off how the player can play completely stealthily utilising intel and synch shot (You can show off your new AI here ) in the village demo

Plus it shows that the maps are quite open, approachable from several angles, the AI follows paths well and that the game offers users creativity and freedom in problem solving.

I'm Batman

Sig: Jazz117Volkov

atacms: I see, I guess it is a scripted moment after all, even though it looks cool, a different approach would have been nice, but if you want to convince yourself you can say they were under alot fire, so they couldn't activate their cameo

shobhit7777777: yup the whole sand box style could be shown perfectly without spoiling anything since we already saw that map

Although here is a thing about synch shot, when you use it, it's a one hit kill, you actually can kill 2 targets by marking one and after taking him, you take the other one next time (the game kinda slow down a bit for ya), the thing is can your teammates AI do that too ?!, if so you can actually take more than 4, if you teammate AI is smart enough to shoot the next unmarked guy instead of just waiting

Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube

Banned
    excusez moi

ce qu'il y aura deux joueurs co-op splitscreens?

merci

Hey Antoine, it been a while, I thought we will hear every Friday from you, only 2 articles so far, come on we want to know more

Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube

Glaswegian currently living in Switzerland
    Hi all big GR fan, also love other slower paced tactical games.

anhow here are some questions (some quite detailed, sry that's the type of person I am!)

obviously the camera feature is a good touch when being suppressed in PVP and campaign to create a more immersive chaotic feeling. does this extend to concussion/shell-shocked when involved with or near explosives.
    i.e like GTA4 being drunk staggering all over the place, camera blurring perhaps even fumbling magazine changes!!

It's clear from the footage that the team has been hard at work on distructible cover and the ability to chip away. does that mean walls of structures can be damaged/removed when firing 40mm GL. and how does 40mm GL ammo and damage work to the environment in pvp as I am concerned it will be to strong.

Also will different caliber weapons affect the rate at which cover is damaged removed or is it a cosmetic effect? i.e as long as the player remains behind cover he cannot be shot through it.

Are there weapon/attachment restriction and specific class modifiers in place for each class? if so are there then specific achievements/trophies for each class thus making people (achievement junkies) switch class.

Is there situation specific ammo which the user can swap on the field e.g switching to hollowpoint and dum dum in hostage situations to prevent through and through's or explosive tips armour piercing for vehicles?

gunsmith allows customisable guns and options to a staggering degree. BUT will it make any real discernible difference to weapon handling, accuracy, weapon jamming?, penetration depth and stopping power in game or will all assault rifle feel like each other due to the large number of variants that can be created and obviously the fact your an elite professional soldier???

Can I go through the maps without ever pulling the trigger and let the ai do all the work? silly question but I have to ask!!!

In a paris video interview about a year ago (uk xbox channel, OXM report, i think! If anyone remembers that link, that would be nice to attach or the interview I am taking about)
    The team stated that they wanted to create a sense that they could be attacked from any side. even from behind even when you had moved through and cleared that area. This was something that coop campaign graw didn't really achieve it was mostly always moving forward.
    So in the new GRFS world could you now provide an example of how dynamic enemy placement and AI evaluation (hold, attack, suppress) increases the threat and re-playability as described from the interview in paris last year?

Lastly is there any truth to the rummor that ubisoft is considering a marketing PR road tour in specific countries prior to launch where hands-on may be available?
    "This game is totally the right type of wrong for me though! LOL" said about OPF:RR.

Don't dum down tactical shooters for a slice of COD pie! YUMM! COD PIE!

@MonkieMurdie

Fantastic questions imo, mine are rather simple.

I got to say your question about gunsmith on whether it will actually make any huge difference in handling and/or gameplay is probably the best. i've wondered that myself... My questions:

-campaign length?
    -story, I remember in Gameinformer a while ago they said that the story would be a variety of different characters so you would get the perspective of the entire war. I didn't know if that was scrapped with 2010 super-futuristic stuff or not?
    -how effective is the AI?
    -will your team need to be micromanaged?
    -CAN your team be micromanaged if you choose to?
    -weapon penetrations - what Monkie was saying, if you're in cover are you safe
    -ANY BETA INFO, that would be great, you know like a date, what's going to be available etc...

Sorry if any of these have been answered. I'm following GRFS but not as closely as some other games currently...

The Beta is being released in January probably early January and the game is being released March 3, 2012

for America that is it's the 6th for UK

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast