Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: GRFS Campaign Q&A | Forums

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...rs-please-read!

Hi all,

You'll learn more and more about GRFS and its backstage in the coming weeks. There will be videos, pictures, in-depth articles, interviews... I especially want to take care of the forum's members. That's why I want to know which aspects of the game you want to be featured/covered in the ComDev assets.

In this topic, I'd like to know which aspects of the campaign (single/co-op) you would like to be covered. For "facts" (e.g. how many players), I'll try to answer directly in this topic on a weekly basis, and for other questions I'll make sure to integrate them in future ComDev assets and let you know when they are posted somewhere. I know there was an old Q&A topic, but it'll be more easy to manage for me starting new topics.

Recent assets about the campaign:

Through the Ghosts #1 - Quick update on AR: we heard you!
    Through the Ghosts #2 - Order system redesigned
    Through the Ghosts #3 - Firearm shooting model
    Your Questions, Our Answers #1
    Your Questions, Our Answers #2
    Through the Ghosts #4 - Ghosts outfit hidden secrets
    Your Questions, Our Answers #3
    Your Questions, Our Answers #4

Quick answers:

Sameer_monier: How long is the SP Campaign ?! (please don't tell me 8hrs)
    Answer: The SP campaign will be longer. The missions are big. We target +12h. The campaign is also seamlessly playable in co-op (up to 4), so you'll likely play it more than once

Can we play the entire campaign in co-op? (Arjun Roy)
    Answer: All GRFS single player campaign maps will be playable in co-op, both online or offline (LAN), up to four players. We know that you love co-op and we want you to enjoy the thrilling campaign missions either alone or with friends, seamlessly.

Will your team need to be micromanaged? Can your team be micromanaged if you choose to? (DieintheDark)

Answer: To best answer this question, I believe our article about the “order system redesign” is worth a read. To make it short, we wanted a system that let you fulfill the fantasy of being part of an elite Special Forces team and let you play the same way with AI teammates or real players… or a mix of both. “We want the player to focus on what matters. We want the player to think about who should I kill first, who should I ask my teammates to take down, when… And not how they are going to do it. So the player needs to retrieve information on the enemy thanks to the high tech tools… and then decide what to do with that info. We want the player to tell his teammates to shoot that target, now! And not go to that cover, then to that one, and now you kill that one and you kill that other one, etc. Planning and synchronizing, not baby-sitting (smile)” told me Roman during his interview.

Is there a first-person mode? (MeanMF)

Answer: As explained by Thaddeus Sasser in last week blog article, we have scope view: this is the soldier looking down the barrel of his weapon, through his sights or optic, with the stock of the rifle braced on his shoulder. This is the most accurate way to fire the weapon, but it also has the biggest trade-off in terms of situational awareness and speed. There is no “first person weapon view” feature outside of this.

Will GRFS support the new Xbox wireless steering wheel? KIDDING!!!! (MonkieMurdie)

Answer: (ironic) We considered this option but finally decided to do something with Kinect.

Can you use Kinect apart from Gunsmith? (Cesar A. Gonzalez)

Answer: Kinect will improve Gunsmith experience to both create your very own weapon and to test it in a close-to-magic experience: more information here. However, the game itself is designed to be played with a controller and thus Kinect won’t be used outside of Gunsmith. Please note also that Gunsmith will still work without Kinect.

Is there any connection between GRFS and Tom Clancy’s Endwar which is also set in the near future? (atacms)

Answer: Ghost Recon Future Soldier has several links with other Tom Clancy titles and especially other Ghost Recon games. You will definitely be able to learn more about the story in the coming weeks… Stay tuned! WxRxOxGxxx

Is the UAV we saw in the videos a real UAV? (MadLam)

Answer: The game’s drone can sprout four wheels and land on the ground. The U.S. Army usually keeps UAVs high above the battlefield, and this air-to-ground conversion is a little beyond what the U.S. Army current drones can do. However, the Army already uses bots that drive on the ground. The future is definitely to mix them, and thus have drones that are close to those we can see in the game.

Does the cover system remain the same for both adversarial and campaign? (David Cohen)

Answer: There is no difference at this time. Players will be easily able to enter and exit cover with a simple ****on push. Cover-swapping is one of the fastest movements in the game!

16 player co-op? (odi0n2009)

Answer: You will be able to play in co-op up to four players.

Will there be a separate co-op based game mode? (DanHibikiFanXM)

Answer: We want you to enjoy the thrilling campaign missions either alone or in co-op, seamlessly, but Ghost Recon Future Soldier is not only about campaign and adversarial… there is definitely something more, awesomely fun, but I can’t tell you anything yet.

Would I be able to switch between different Ghosts?! (sameer_monier)

Answer: If you play the campaign alone, you will play as Kozak. Play with more friends in order to play as another character: Ghost Lead, the decision maker, Pepper, the veteran team mate, and 30K, the hard-***, are all playable characters.

I’m curious about the melee system. Hand to hand or knife kills? (James Heath Beam)

Answer: Ghost Recon Future Soldier’s melee system is intended to work as a surprise, stealth, or humiliation kill. You can’t rush at an armed enemy and hope to melee him! The rifleman and engineer have a two part melee attack that consists of a stun hit and then a lethal hit — the attack can be interrupted after the stun hit. The scout gets a special melee kill that’s faster AND quieter. We also have some other special melee goodness we’ll talk about later!

Is the game engine the same for both single player and multiplayer? (Pereira)
    Answer: Yes, single player and multiplayer share the same game engine. In fact, multiplayer and single player share the same controls, characters and camera!

In co-op, will there be multiple points of insertion like the previous build of Future Soldier from last year’s E3? (EX: One of your team members sniping high in buildings while you control close combat)

Answer: Yes, some situations will have the team split. For example at some point two Ghosts will be on the ground defending a HVT near a blown up car, and 2 other Ghosts will be in an helicopter providing cover fire.

Many thanks,
    Antoine
    Last edited by Ubi-Mush; 07-30-2012 at 09:24 PM.

Senior Community Developer - Massive Entertainment
    Twitter:@aemond
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Will we be able to control our squad?

Will the game ship with a firefight/horde mode?

Will the game offer replayability options?

Is it possible to play the game from a first person perspective?

Great idea on the seperate Q/A makes it more organized..plus you can post your 'Through The Ghosts' series on one topic, makes them more accessible.

1. Size and the degree of Sandbox-ishness of the SP maps-How can you play them with your own approaches/tactics....do they offer player creativity in terms of planning rather than a couple of obvious designer based solutions

2. How the new AI fits into the maps and gameplay loop...wont it restrict freedom in Troop placement?

3. How does the Sync Shot actually work and how is it different from a mark and order.

4. Some info about ROE and Ghost AI behaviour

I'm Batman

Sig: Jazz117Volkov

Is this game coming to PC?

Banned
    Will our questions from the previous thread ever be answered?

Will our questions in this thread be answered?

Originally posted by Tim_Noonan:

Hi Tim,

There were very old questions there, but definitely they will get an answer if someone reposts the interesting ones here.

Also, don't expect an answer on every single question every week. Your questions will help me create articles or videos that answer a mix of them. At the end, every question will be covered, but it will take time. I'll do my best to give you answer(s) each week.

- How long is the SP Campaign ?! (please don't tell me 8hrs)

- Are there more tech/gadgets than what we saw ?!

- Will I be fixed with controlling only one Ghost, or would I be able to switch between them ?!

- Can a Ghost die in a mission ?!, or not ?!

- Is there a counter measure by the enemy for Optical Cameo ?!

- Will we get a demo for the SP ?! (I know about the beta for Xbox360, but the PS3 got nothing, so a demo maybe good)

- Edit: could you show us the E3 Demo again fully stealth ?!, it would be nice, like not shooting anyone and reaching the hostage without a fight, even though the cameo may make it a little easier than how it should be

Share your ideas with me on SC6 "if you love Conviction" Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
    Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube

Banned
    Originally posted by Ubi_Antoine:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tim_Noonan:

Hi Tim, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Hello, Antoine.

There were very old questions there, but definitely they will get an answer if someone reposts the interesting ones here.
    *scurries off to copy every question from the previous thread and paste it here*

Also, don't expect an answer on every single question every week.
    I've learned from previous experience with Ubisoft PR to not expect any answers at all.

Your questions will help me create articles or videos that answer a mix of them.
    Cool. I hope they're interesting.

At the end, every question will be covered, but it will take time. I'll do my best to give you answer(s) each week.
    We're happy to have you responding and interacting with us like this.

Thanks Tim

Is there any connection to GRFS and Tom Clancy's Endwar which is also set in the near future?

Why is the optical camo only available in certain parts of a mission and NOT when the player chooses?

----In your application of military force, be just, fair, precise, but to conquer your enemies' will, heart and mind, seek to improve his lot- atacms-----

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast