Page 8 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocksmith Official Game Feedback Thread | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

I think when playing individual notes the box for each note should have the recommended finger number within it. When doing solos, etc it is not clear what the best finger setup is and this could reinforce improper learning.

Would there be a way to have the game split the audio so that your guitar's processed audio goes to one channel and the other channel plays the normal game audio? This way people could run the appropriate channel's cabling (if they use RCA cables) to their speaker/amp. This would not only provide a good way to reduce the lag that matters, it allows a better way for people to record their guitar performance.

dont' make us do a tune check before every single song, that' silly. maybe once a session at the start is fine, or every 10 songs, or user-defined... I don't change my tuning from song to song so no reason to make it mandatory time-wasting to tune before every single song.

right about kill the 5 lives thing, that's not helpful.

+1 re hd install option, load times are very sluggish

Love Rocksmith! Got it for myself but the kids are having fun with it too!

Suggestions (just reiterating what others have already said)

1) Get rid of 5 lives - I may want to play a riff 50 times before I quit.

2) Let me set the speed and difficulty in riff repeater. Again, I may want to play a riff 50 times at 60% speed and 50% difficulty before progressing.

3) I would love to set a song to 60% difficulty and 80% speed and watch it play so I could see and hear how certain parts are played out.

4) Add some way to teach me the notes on different strings.

5) Tune the guitar once. No need to tune it before everything.

Here's a random idea...

Solo Mode.
    What solo mode would do... is let you choose any song (including DLC) you own, and while the chord progression for the song is playing the guitar neck interface shows up and highlights all of the notes that are in the key of the song so you can solo over the progression, maybe highlighting the root notes, and pentatonic notes (or otherwise suggested notes based on the type of song etc...) in a different color etc...

So the song plays, and you just sit there and solo the whole time.

Solo mode!

First off let me say I really love this game. It bridges the gap between rhythm gaming and music tutoring seamlessly.

Now my criticisms. As many people have already stated, the menus leave a lot to be desired. Theres a lot of things wrong about it but I think the biggest thing I hate is how you are thrust into the career menu instead of the main menu.

The tuner is often not working accurately. I think it stems from how quickly it settles on the note when you are tuning. Also the tuner and audio options should be available options at the pause menu.

The dynamic Dificulty setting is great but i've had times where Ive had a tough time leveling up the riffs on a song yet still consistently getting 97%.

Just an idea, maybe have unlockable tablatures of the songs. This could be helpful for checking how to play a song befor you play in master mode, or just a good practice tool.

I like how you don't get bogged down with characters but I would like to see more of a variety of venues. Maybe a daytime outdoor festival show? Maybe college gym? Coffee house?

Good song selection you just need more. Don't slack on the DLC. Maybe one day have an option to turn the guitar track in the song off.

Bass option needed, but that's obvious.

And liked how people were talking about how it would be good to include the actual notes.

Thanks for the game and keep up the good work.

What a great idea this "game" is, here is my wishlist.

- Offer real tablature notation as an option. Also in the current display, why not put the finger numbers inside the squares for notes? All the panning and gold lines don't help be figure where my hand goes on the frets. I think numbering would nail it.

- Need an easier way to adjust the delay for tv's, right now it's tedious to set it and try a song, we need a screen with something to adjust real time like many other games.

- Let us adjust the sound gate, my single coils hum like crazy on some patches (especially near a tv, makes it worse)

- Like many others, the difficulty adjusting on the fly is disorienting, let it be locked

I look forward to improvements and maybe other titles.

All the panning and gold lines don't help be figure where my hand goes on the frets. I think numbering would nail it.
    Most/much of the time, some of the fret lanes should be lighter in color, these are where they're suggesting your hand to be positioned.

Love this game. Already able to play more guitar in the 2 months I've had the game than in 20 years of goofing with the guitar on my own!

Here are a couple of suggestions for improvements:

o add note names (i.e. A, B, C#, etc.) to the "boxes" that show which fret and string to play so beginners can learn.

o make it so you can play entire songs at slower speeds in rehearsal mode and allow speed to be set manually (also allow manual speed setting in Riff Repeater mode).

o Don't require the unlocking of practice games (i.e. Super Ducks, Super Slider, etc.) to have access to them. Having some familiarity with playing the guitar, it would be very helpful to have these exercises available to me to improve my abilities without having to reach some arbitraty goal to unlock.

o Allow the user to set the starting difficulty for each song.

This is a revolutionary piece of software! In my opinion, Ubisoft should transition their thinking from trying to make/keep this a game to having it become a true teaching tool for people who want to learn guitar.
    Great job to the developers and keep it up!

I only bought it yesterday, but I like it...
    The only thing i find a disapointment is I can't plug in my BASS!!!

I'm sure that people will mention drums and mic, but I love the concept, I just say again, ADD BASS! or do a seperate title for it, I'd drop the money for it today.

Looking forward to more songs also...

Page 8 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast