Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ubisoft Autopatch? | Forums

Whenever I start up my game it does a ubisoft autopatch. When its finally done after a few minutes it says this:

Trying to get update information to C:\Users\KRYSTA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\ubiF309.tmp.
    Found update (Patch, all, all).
    Found existing file for target, attempting resume(C:\Users\KRYSTA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\ubiEAA 1.tmp.exe, (Patch, all, all))
    Trying to download update file from http://patches.ubi.com/settlers_6/settlers_6_v1.6.exe. Destination: C:\Users\KRYSTA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\ubiEAA1.tmp.e xe.
    Successfully downloaded update file.
    Verifying downloaded file's CRC: dd252898. Expected: dd252898.
    Starting update file (C:\Users\KRYSTA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\ubiEAA1.tmp. exe)
    Failed to start downloaded update file. File corrupted? (C:\Users\KRYSTA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\ubiEAA1.tmp. exe)
    Unable to delete file: C:\Users\KRYSTA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\ubiEAA1.tmp.e xe.

I try to just skip this but when I do it wont allow my game to do border scrolling. Any help or advice?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Are you using Vista? Many people using Vista are unable to automatically download and install the patch. You will need to download and install it manually. You can find it someplace like this:
    http://www.gameborder.com/game/The%20Settlers:%20Rise%2...an%20Empire%20Patch/

Yes, amylindy is quite correct, the auto updater had a problem with Vista, this was fixed in the first patch, so once your game is manually patched, any future patches the updater finds will install correctly.

Official Whisky taster and Herald to the Mighty Alderbranch.
    "The clues are out there.....S.N.A.F.U."
    Anno Fans | Settlers Maps

Ok so I downloaded the autopatch, but now I have another problem. Sometimes my game still wont let me do border scrolling. I have it checked to where it should but it doesn't sometimes. Is there a patch or something I can do for this as well?

I have this problem too. If I alt-tab out of the game (click on the menu to pause, first), then go back into the game, I am once again able to scroll.
    1.6 is the latest patch.

My game says An error has ouccured. The update service could not contiune.
    I press Start game and nothin happens
    Please Help

The easy way to fix this, is to manually download and install Patch 1.71 which will remove the copy protection and allow playing without the disc.

If you have the Gold edition, you may get a message that the version you have is newer than the patch, for some reason, some of the Gold editions don't recognise that the patch is indeed newer than the existing game version, but that's fixed easily too.

Go into the folder the game is installed to, look in both Program Files/Ubisoft/THE SETTLERS-Rise of an Empire/base/bin and Program Files/Ubisoft/THE SETTLERS-Rise of an Empire/extra/bin and if you see a config file called "s6patch or s6patch.ini" delete it, then the patch will install ok.

Official Whisky taster and Herald to the Mighty Alderbranch.
    "The clues are out there.....S.N.A.F.U."
    Anno Fans | Settlers Maps

I'm trying to find a patch for settlers 6(?) rise of an empire that so that I can install it with windows 7. Any ideas where I could get one?

Originally posted by adrian.aplus:
    I'm trying to find a patch for settlers 6(?) rise of an empire that so that I can install it with windows 7. Any ideas where I could get one?
    Adrian just stick your disc in the drive and install the game. Once installed follow the instructions given above by BTOG to install the patch 1.71

I am downloading manually patch 1.6 and 1.7 now. Do not know if this fixes this problem of being on Windows Vista, however, I have been able to play (not online) fine just by clicking the "X" (canceling this download); and in just a minute the game starts to play as normal. Hope this helps. I have also went through the long pain staking download of the patch, only to find an error in the end and still get to play as normal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast