Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Star Force driver | Forums

Got this game and found out it has the Star Force copy protection. I am boycoting all publishers that use this, (No more UBI for me).

PS I'm taking all my UBI titles to EB Games and trading them in for resale. That = 6 lost sales for UBI.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

That doesn't make sense. It's like saying I boycott BMW because they use Michelin tyres. At the end of the day, you'll be the one losing out. If your into anything military, UBI is one of the best gaming companies out there, considering they have Clancy on board and are willing to produce games like SH3.

...well, good luck to you.
    "You were given the choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor and you will have war." - Winston Churchill

6 sales...

I guess that rules out SHIV now, right?

sounds like ubi made around 200 bucks off you...now your gonna trade them in...???..where let me know i would like another copy of sh3 @a low price...

Originally posted by Admiral-Napalm:
    That doesn't make sense. It's like saying I boycott BMW because they use Michelin tyres. At the end of the day, you'll be the one losing out. If your into anything military, UBI is one of the best gaming companies out there, considering they have Clancy on board and are willing to produce games like SH3.

Well makes sense if those tires were causing problems.... what was the make that was killing people in Ford SUVs?

T.

It was, it was... FIRESTONE!

Wextra! Wextra! Read all about it.

Consumer Affairs

I use BF Goodrich ofcourse.

1 4X4 Toyota = 4 ATX Tire sales lost to Firestone, + 1 retread under the bed <Not the ex, the truck bed.
    [hr][color:white]Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.
    Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)[/color]

Worse thing I have with starforce is it messes up Roger Wilco if I have it running when I start a game with Starforce. So I have to adapt and overcome so I restart RW. hardly enough to deprive myself of the game.
    I always said it's not worth seeking revenge or reaction if it's going to hurt yourself.
    I'd make a terrible kamakazi.

Originally posted by RoughRaider1:
    Worse thing I have with starforce is it messes up Roger Wilco if I have it running when I start a game with Starforce. So I have to adapt and overcome so I restart RW. hardly enough to deprive myself of the game.
    I always said it's not worth seeking revenge or reaction if it's going to hurt yourself.
    Why not try Teamspeak instead? It is much better than RW and it is free ane without spyware (last time I tried RW it installed Gator on my PC unbeknownst to me).

Originally posted by WhiteKnight77:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RoughRaider1:
    Why not try Teamspeak instead? It is much better than RW and it is free ane without spyware (last time I tried RW it installed Gator on my PC unbeknownst to me). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm using an old version or RW long before gamespy got ahold of it. Got it back when I used to fly Warbirds online and a fellow Warbirds pilot "tone" made the program. Back then you got a free lifetime registration.
    Since then he sold it to gamespy. I use it with fellow squad members who I still keep in contact with and play games other then Warbirds also.
    We like it's simplicity and low cpu usage and it servers our purpose. I do also have teamspeak as well.
    But the problem with Starforce is not the particular voice app, but more an issue it has with my sound card if I'm running any voice app when starforce starts up.

Originally posted by Tontoman666:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Admiral-Napalm:

Well makes sense if those tires were causing problems.... what was the make that was killing people in Ford SUVs?

T. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So how many people boycotted Ford.

At the end of the day, boycotting companies because of shortfalls of OTHER companies they use, to me doesn't make sense. Unless you think they did it on purpose to frustrate their customers?
    "You were given the choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor and you will have war." - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast