Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boss battles... | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Do you think that boss battles would be cool in Splinter Cell. Not like the PS2 version of DA with Sam vs. Emile, but like Metal Gear Solid. Now I don't want Sam squaring off against an Mi-24 Hind, but what would you think of boss battles in SC?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Well, it certainly wouldn't be my cup of tea...

No, I wouldn't like that. I even thought the bossfight with Emile was stupid and very not Splinter Cell.

Grinko fight ?

"You're MINE !"

Originally posted by Knot3D:
    Grinko fight ?
    Don't remind me... I just laid mines to do my work. The game is geared towards sneaking. Not gunfights! CT made the gunfight aspect of the game a bit better though.

Originally posted by OniLinkSword:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Knot3D:
    Grinko fight ?
    Don't remind me... I just laid mines to do my work. The game is geared towards sneaking. Not gunfights! CT made the gunfight aspect of the game a bit better though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If there should be any boss battles they should all be like the bathouse part where Shetland plants the bombs and you get to defuse them while some of Shetlands men with Thermal vision patrol the areas. You could choose to kill them, knock them out or avoid them(thats the hardest)

Sig made by Tidenburg
    [url=http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/393107431/m/8191037276?r=3101002576#3101002576]What do you think about the information and communication of Ubisoft

The Grinko fight, the vault fight, those technically weren't boss battles.

You were dealing with ordinary people that could be killed in ordinary ways.

They were no more a boss battle than were any shooter games that have ten enemies running at you, and you have to shoot them all. The only difference is, shooter games actually excel in that area, and Splinter Cell made you do it slowly, and cumbersomely.

The only true boss battle in the first game was the Feirong suicide fight, where you had to use a different strategy to get ahold of him.

To answer the original post: no, I think it would be a terrible idea. A true Splinter Cell game allows you to sneak up on the "boss" quietly, and without him even knowing you exist.

Squaring off in an arena for a death match using awkward and unusual tactics is a big no.

Originally posted by LaurenIsSoMosh:
    The only true boss battle in the first game was the Feirong suicide fight, where you had to use a different strategy to get ahold of him.
    Strategy? I just went behind him and grabbed him.
    The more things change, the more they stay the same.

If he starts shooting at you, you have to wait until he starts drinking again to get behind him.

You can't just shoot him or hit him, making this a special kind of fight.

As pathetic and simple as that strategy is, it is a strategy nonetheless. Which is a key difference between a normal fight and a boss fight. One requires muscle, another requires strategy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast