Thread: When to pull CD? | Forums

When can I pull the CD out of the tray? One of the things I hate about having to have the CD in the tray is that I very often forget it's there and leave it in the tray. As I understand it, this is a very bad thing to do and could damage my CD!
    After the game loads completely, can I take the CD out and store it safely in the case? I'd like to develope a standard point to remove it so I don't forget.
    Thanks,
    Rich
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

When can I pull the CD out of the tray? One of the things I hate about having to have the CD in the tray is that I very often forget it's there and leave it in the tray. As I understand it, this is a very bad thing to do and could damage my CD!
    After the game loads completely, can I take the CD out and store it safely in the case? I'd like to develope a standard point to remove it so I don't forget.
    Thanks,
    Rich

Umm... never?

Never???

As Baldor Conehead would say "Unacceptable!"

I have removed the CD as soon as I arrive ready to move. What I want to know is if I can remove it sooner.

Rich

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> As I understand it, this is a very bad thing to do and could damage my CD!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont know where you heard this from but somebody definately fed you a line of manure . Put it in your player and leave it there . As long as you are running the game it has to be in there .

And it wont hurt it to shut down your computer and start it back up with it in your CD tray either . How could it possibly damage something that never gets touched by anything but a light beam .

Kurt

If you really insist on removing the CD, you might be able to remove it once you are fully loaded into the game.

If you join UruLive you don't need the CD in your system.

As for this:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    One of the things I hate about having to have the CD in the tray is that I very often forget it's there and leave it in the tray. As I understand it, this is a very bad thing to do and could damage my CD!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's an old wives tale.
    ---
    Consider this a disclaimer, unless otherwise stated.

After the initial load my computer doesn't even read from the CD again... It can be taken out w/o stopping the game and you can even change ages w/o any problems