Thread: Navigation Screen Question | Forums

Hi All,

On the navigation screen, what are all the lines that start appearing from my sub? Some lines are black, others are red....???

I can't seem to find any docs on this....
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I believe those are sonar bearing lines for surface vessels. Black are merchant ships, red are warships.

That’s affirmative …

You will see them also for Radar once you get radar-detection: black lines for airborne radar, red lines for surface vessel radar.

Happy hunting!
    ~ C.

I don't agree with Chrystine
    I think that the lines represent in fact hydrophones interception by your sonar operator. you can get it only if a sonar operator is on watch. So you can get this kind of information for a aircraft. You have a black one when it is a merchand ship and a red when it is a war ship. In fact when the operator is the best he can made the difference. Just to se how dae's it work you just have to take is place and listen the contact your will hear the difference between a war ship and a commercial ship.
    After 20 minutes jou can have a estimation of the cours a the ship and hunt a kill position.

Hi Astreoud,

"I don't agree with Chrystine..."

Yes you do - but my apology if I wasn't clear enough in how I said what I have.

The black and red lines appear for Both - Sonar and Radar.
    On Sonar - black for Merchant, red for Warship.
    On Radar - black for Aircraft, red for Surface Vessel.

"you can get it only if a sonar operator is on watch. So you can get this kind of information for a aircraft."

If your Sonar Operator is picking up aircraft on Passive -or- Active Sonar, that aircraft, and most-probably also the pilot and crew are already finished with the war.

You need your Radio Operator at Station to pick up (Receive) and/or Transmit Radar Signals, and it is the Only Signals method for picking up airborne aircraft … Whether or not your Sonar Operator is at Station or even still alive makes no difference. The same is true for any Surface Vessel transmitting Radar signal.

Hope this helps clarify some …

Best, and Happy hunting!
    ~ C.