Thread: Chessmaster 12?? | Forums

Will there be a new chessmaster 12?? I hope there will be, it's a great chess game. I like chessmaster 11, but since I bought a new computer with windows 7, the game is worthless and doesn't work and doesn't even finish installing. Chess is the number one board game and it would be nice to play it again on the computer. Not crazy about fritz chess, little confusing. I hope ubisoft makes a new chessmaster...it would be a drag if they didn't.

Matt

Good luck if they answer you back about 300 ask that. I have sent a Emailcto ubi 3 or four months ago I have not gotton a answer yet.
    I have old computers so I can play some of the older versions of Chessmaster. UBI needs to get off their butt and tell us if they will do a new version of Chessmaster. I was on thier site and put a search for chess to see if they have any chess games and the results found nothing so I think they will not have anything to do with Chess at all. I think they gave up.The Grandmaster Edition They should do updatefor it to work with all window versions and let us download it for free.

I've mentioned this on the forum several times already, but I'll say it again...

I ask the higher-ups at Ubisoft about a new version and/or updates on a regular basis. As of yet, I have not had any response. However, when I do hear news, I will let everyone know.

scubamatt2011: Chessmaster Grandmaster Edition does work with Windows Vista/Windows 7... I use it every day. However, there are a few tricks to installing (the main one being you need to install as the Administrator). If you need help, please send me a private message.

Quote Originally Posted by KHollister View Post
    ...I ask the higher-ups at Ubisoft about a new version and/or updates on a regular basis. As of yet, I have not had any response.
    Not to be flippant but, at this point, no response is pretty much the same as a firm "NO" (meaning there will be NO updates and there are NO plans for a new version). After all, there hasn't been an update in ~4 years, so an update (or patch) now would be almost idiotic considering the ROI is essentially zero. A new version in the future stands a much better chance, but they're going to have to divert resources from their more lucrative endeavors, or add personnel, to do it (which, frankly, is kind of hard to imagine).

First moves

I had to drop out of my club, grade increasing. But i aint old.

After many years of knowing i would one day return, be they together still, i've started a recovery to go back.

I needed Him back, i need a Chess programme like i so had, years ago.

Windows don't go there, i've always been MS, and the sun shined with 7 like never before, even compared to Workbench,
    screaching lines and nothing bar blocks.

Don't if you don't know try to tell me something Grand may not have been done over here and end this pure feeling of an evil done that i have, i say.

Plus i'm going to potentially fry an entire line, with an e4 always win, at the end of the day, what's the point im MY KASPA only knowing it.

If the bigger sun shines that was the Chessmaster series again then so be it.

I'm soooooo fed up beating the crap out of this level 10 Windos 7 Chess boss it's stupid, and it won't get me there back with them i know it.

I'll find you m8, online.
    Last edited by KeithChapma2012; 02-03-2012 at 06:26 PM.

I sure hope there will be a Chessmaster 12th Edition.Right now without a new version of Chessmaster , Computer chess basically means Chessbase programs. I am not against the programs that Chessbase publishes , but a one sided deal in Computer chess is never a good one. Chessmaster has always been superior to other programs in many respects , it is still my primary analysis tool .Although today in 2012 there are programs that can win against Chessmaster grandmaster Edition ,I believe that the Chessmaster personality is still the strongest computer opponent against HUMAN PLAYERS. If Chessmaster stops at the Grandmaster Edition it will be one of the biggest tragedies of Human History.

Quote Originally Posted by RadioSmall View Post
    If Chessmaster stops at the Grandmaster Edition it will be one of the biggest tragedies of Human History.
    Laying on a little thick, ain't we?!

Face it, brah, it's a dead series. I wish Ubisoft would make a version for Android tablets, but it's clear they have no interest in investing any additional resources into Chessmaster ; PC, Android, or otherwise. Sad, but after 4-5 years since the Grandmaster version came out, there can be no other logical conclusion. Frankly, wouldn't you rather work with a software company dedicated to chess software exclusively? Chessbase, at least for me, is who I look to for serious chess software.

That being said, I am anxious to try Chessmaster on a Windows 8 tablet later this year. Chessmaster 11 has many good years left in her for me.
    Last edited by WoodPusherDan; 03-02-2012 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodPusherDan View Post
    Chessbase, at least for me, is who I look to for serious chess software.
    Ditto. However, you have to admit that the titles (e.g., Fritz) lack the "fun factor" of the Chessmaster series. Isn't that the primary reason we all enjoy it? Certainly, it can't be sheer strength of play.

Tbh, I don't think Chessmaster is a dead series. But it will die if it continues like that without a new game to come.
    I think the main culprit for us not getting a new Chessmaster game is the fact that very little number of people would buy it due to the fact that people play chess online in various websites. CM11 online is dead, not the series.

So what revenue is Ubisoft gonna make if people aren't gonna buy the game?
    Plus another thing as I mentioned before. Without Chessmaster 12 being significantly better than CM11 it's not worth the buy. Most likely if we were to get CM12 all we would get is new Chessmaster personalities such as Magnus Carlsen. What's the point? When you can get him, Topalov, etc in a patch and it's going to be basically CM12.

Anyway, there is a new Chess game coming 9th of March 2012, in just 6 days time.
    http://uk.gamespot.com/chess-secrets...-grandmasters/
    I don't have much information about it, but I just saw it on gamespot and it's going to be released in 6 days.

Quote Originally Posted by BLaZiNgSPEED View Post
    Anyway, there is a new Chess game coming 9th of March 2012, in just 6 days time.
    http://uk.gamespot.com/chess-secrets...-grandmasters/
    I don't have much information about it, but I just saw it on gamespot and it's going to be released in 6 days.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HGtdfQF_A8

http://www.onhandsoftware.com/chesss...ndmasters.html

Thanks for your opinions on Chessmaster, as well. Very well said.