Thread: English localization files please!! | Forums

Greets,

I'm an English speaker but bought this game in the Czech Republic so all the text is in czech. Can some one *please* show me where to get the English localization files??

All I need is the contents of the folder English folder inside the localization folder of the game (for example: BIA\localization\Eng)

Anyone please??!!?
     1 people found this helpful

send you a pm on this forum...was not that expensive to buy overthere?

Please same request here but for someone who has the game in spanish languaje, could you please send me the folder inside localization folder to be able to read the text in my native tongue?

Well, I just discovered that my game is multilanguaje, the problem is that I would like to keep the game in original english with subtitules in Spanish, anyone can guide me how to do this??

Originally posted by fdelgado:
    Please same request here but for someone who has the game in spanish languaje, could you please send me the folder inside localization folder to be able to read the text in my native tongue?
    Try this...

Go into: Start > Local Disk (C) > Program Files > Ubisoft > Gearbox Software > Brothers in Arms - Hell's Highway > Binaries > lang

If you're using Vista, right-click on the "lang" file; select the Security tab; click edit and highlight each of the users shown in the box; check the box that says "Full Control" if it's not already checked and click "Apply" > OK.

Now open lang with notepad and at the top you'll see:

[DEFAULT]
    LANGUAGE=0x09
    LANGUAGE_SUBIDS=0x01,0x02,0x03,0x04,0x05,0x06,0x07 ,0x08,0x09,0x0a,0x0b,0x0c,0x0d

Try replacing that 0x09 (English) with one of the other ID's shown on the next line. I don't know which one is associated with Spanish, though. You'll just have to experiment.

If that doesn't work, then try re-installing the game. The installer should give you the option to select a language from a drop-down box.

As for changing the subtitles seperately? Forget it. lol

Then again, if the audio dialog within the game is only spoken in English, then changing the language ID will, I assume, only affect the subtitles.

if somebody could pm the English localization files, that would be great, i bought this game from a pawn shop (BAD IDEA) was really cheap and was in Russian, dont knwo how to change

did u get english localization files ?

do u have english localization files right now ?