Thread: How to remove AGEIA physX!!!! | Forums

Lo all

Can some one explain to me how to remove the AGEIA physX driver from my system, I tried every thing but its still on my system, when I go to my Windows Configuration screen its there and I cant delete it. ( only update )!!!
    I already deleted al the updates from this driver but the main driver is still on my system so if anyone knows how to delete this driver please explain, I know that I don’t need this driver to play GRAW and it lets my windows start up 2 times.

:::cheers:::
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Did you go to add or remove programs? Delete from there. If so then I can't help you.

Yes i did the (add or remove programs), but the main driver is still on my system?

Try click start,then My Computer,then the drive its on,then programs. It should be on the top of the list(A) right click delete. Other then that I can't help you any more then that, sorry.

Why do you need to remove it? If you don't have the ageia card it won't do anything to have it installed. The game needs the driver installed on windows anyway regardless of whether you have the card or not, or so the game says when you first install it.
    Xbox 360 GT: Demanufakture

"To be blunt. We kill people. Templars and their associates."

Originally posted by 420JJ:
    Why do you need to remove it? If you don't have the ageia card it won't do anything to have it installed.
    Every loaded piece of software, if used or not and especially drivers, takes up memory, kills perfomance and endangers the system stability.

It's a very good idea to get rid of every single programm that is not use or needed.

I had trouble uninstalling those drivers either, especially because I had no shortcut or entry in the control center's Software-Tab that enabled me to uninstall. I fixed the problem by downloading a new version of the driver, installing it over the old one and then uninstalling it altogther via the, now present, entry in the control panel. It's gone for good now. Looks like Ageia has some (intentional?) troubles with programming a decent uninstall routine.

Originally posted by 420JJ:
    Why do you need to remove it? If you don't have the ageia card it won't do anything to have it installed. The game needs the driver installed on windows anyway regardless of whether you have the card or not, or so the game says when you first install it.
    umm, you dont need the driver installed to play the game.

The game still uses PhysX at a software level wether you have a PPU or not thats why when you install the drivers you cant uncheck the Runtime(the software part).

Thx naturalbornG

I did id like that and now its finally gone, damn AGEIA physX, and 420JJ I don’t know but I don’t want extra drivers on my system when I aim not using them, its like nbg said, it kills your over all system performance.

Thx again for the tip :::cheers:::