Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did the council help? Will R6 return to it's roots? | Forums

Given the volumes of feedback UBI has recieved I think it must be clear to the developmet team that a return to the roots of this series would be preferred by the PC player.

What role has/will the feedback submitted to the council play in the development of this release? I realize no promises have been made and no real info is avaialble but surely someone somewhere has a gut feeling about the direction the new PC version will take. If you are in the know, can you give us/me a hint?

Oh yeagh, one more thing. When can we expect a demo?

Just kidding...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

As Goliath mentioned on another thread, the people that developed Rainbow Six 3 (RavenShield) and Black Arrow will be working on this project. This is good news
    __________________________________________________ ____

Originally posted by sx_amazing:
    As Goliath mentioned on another thread, the people that developed Rainbow Six 3 (RavenShield) and Black Arrow will be working on this project. This is good news
    Great! Did he mention that here? I tried to read everything before posting and didn't see it.

Good, good, good.

He created a thread and posted some information about this project.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t...6061061024/p/3
    __________________________________________________ ____

We don't know yet, we'll have more to work on soon.
    As you noticed big things are happening.

Originally posted by sx_amazing:
    Erm although I feel that lessons have been learned with regard to what pc players actually want black arrow was a console game. so I assume that we are talking about the people who made RvS fo Xbox.

Is this a good thing?

Originally posted by dave819831983:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sx_amazing:
    Erm although I feel that lessons have been learned with regard to what pc players actually want black arrow was a console game. so I assume that we are talking about the people who made RvS fo Xbox.

Is this a good thing? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think it is as bad as it could be.

I pointed out in another thread, the XBOX is really nothing but a computer with a P3 733mhz, 64 megs RAM, etc etc etc. It runs Linux flawlessly and could probably run earlier versions of Winblows.

Any game designed for the XBOX would be a kissin' cousin to a PC designed game.
    SODsniper
    XBOX 360 suffering from RROD Design Flaw?? I can fix. PM me

Pain heals... Chicks dig scars... Glory lasts forever...

Originally posted by SODsniper:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dave819831983:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sx_amazing:

Is this a good thing? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think it is as bad as it could be.

I pointed out in another thread, the XBOX is really nothing but a computer with a P3 733mhz, 64 megs RAM, etc etc etc. It runs Linux flawlessly and could probably run earlier versions of Winblows.

Any game designed for the XBOX would be a kissin' cousin to a PC designed game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is completely true and point taken from a technical standpoint. I'll point out that a lot of times in game development though, design differences between a PC and console game are made due to console being played on a TV and controler "limitations" and not necesarrily the horsepower of the console.

It's tough designing a competent UI and control scheme for a console game.

-John

Banned
    Originally posted by jsonedecker:
    That is completely true and point taken from a technical standpoint. I'll point out that a lot of times in game development though, design differences between a PC and console game are made due to console being played on a TV and controler "limitations" and not necesarrily the horsepower of the console.

It's tough designing a competent UI and control scheme for a console game.
    Is it an important enough issue in our "multi-platform developpement" era ?

Or asking my question differently:

Are these differences alone important enough to justify the assignement of two different DEV team to a game, that is, one for PC and the other one for consoles?

This question does put aside all external considerations, like different target customers, different scheduled releases for each platform, etc.

Banned
    Those are the main people credited for "Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield" (Read from the manual):

Producer:
    Chaddi Lebbos

Associate Producer:
    Patrick Naud

Senior Producer:
    Mathieu Ferland

Lead Game Designer:
    Michael McCoy

Game Designers:
    Daniel Bérubé
    Maxime Béland

Lead Programmer:
    Ӱric Bégin

The manual of the Xbox version of RS3 does not display the creative team. If the PC version was ported to the Xbox by UBI Montreal though (I don't know), one can assume the team for RS3 and BA is the same as for RvS.

So, according to what Geiger said, some (if not all) of these guys are behind the PC version of R6-5.

Is that right Geiger ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast