Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Weapons | Forums

Not a lot of info at the moment, but following the Haze booth clip we can at least see a few weapons coming through:

Mantel Corp. Weaponry
    <UL TYPE=SQUARE>
    <LI>Wilson KV-5 Pistol - built-in laser sight and carries 18 round in the magazine.

<LI>JN-402 Anti-Personnel Assault Rifle - fires armour-piercing depleted-Uranium shells. Can be seen in use in the second set of shots.

<LI>JN34-A (Rifle/SMG?) - only seen in the early screenshots, this weapon has a 70-round capacity and may be able to be fitted with a scope. Possibly a sub-machine gun, assault rifle or maybe an AR/shotgun combo.

<LI>F-387 Rocket Launcher - looks like a single-shot weapon, with a fold-out screen allowing a missile-eye view of the target in flight.

<LI>Grenades - only seen in screenshots (HUD) and mentioned in previews, these look like regular HE pinapples at present.[/list]

Haze FAQ - please check first if you have a question about Haze.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Not a lot of info at the moment, but following the Haze booth clip we can at least see a few weapons coming through:

Mantel Corp. Weaponry
    <UL TYPE=SQUARE>
    <LI>Wilson KV-5 Pistol - built-in laser sight and carries 18 round in the magazine.

<LI>JN-402 Anti-Personnel Assault Rifle - fires armour-piercing depleted-Uranium shells. Can be seen in use in the second set of shots.

<LI>JN34-A (Rifle/SMG?) - only seen in the early screenshots, this weapon has a 70-round capacity and may be able to be fitted with a scope. Possibly a sub-machine gun, assault rifle or maybe an AR/shotgun combo.

<LI>F-387 Rocket Launcher - looks like a single-shot weapon, with a fold-out screen allowing a missile-eye view of the target in flight.

<LI>Grenades - only seen in screenshots (HUD) and mentioned in previews, these look like regular HE pinapples at present.[/list]

They all seem preety cool, but I hope to see more of them and new weapons in the future.

My guess is the Promise Hand will have their own weapon-set, probably less technical but in a Rebel vs Empire kind-of-way.

From the PSM2 (UK #77) article:

Mentioned here, (no great details however), are the five weapons above plus:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
    <LI> A Shotgun

<LI> Sniper Rifle (with zoom function but apparently no 'on-screen sight')

<LI> A minigun[/list]

No sign of dual-wielding, (no loss IMO) but due to the 'reality' (and that may be a very ironic statement ) of the game I doubt we'll see this anyway.

Interestingly, there's a shot of a - presumably - Promise Hand fighter, who is also carrying the Mantelcorp JN34-A. Captured weapon or something a little more 'interesting' plot-wise?

EDIT: The article also shows the JN34-A with a detachable under-slung grenade-launcher.

The Weapons to me look awsome!

Its so much better that bullets are used and not lazers, i've only seen a pistle and a rifle being used in actual screen shots of gameplay footage. but it seams like there will be a tonne more...i'm also hoping for a rocket launcher...well theres not much doubt in my mind that there won't be one

"Theres many many times where chance, more than skill will determine Fate" - Phil Gordon
    PSN ID: Yo'momma!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fates.Dark.Hand:
    ...i'm also hoping for a rocket launcher...well theres not much doubt in my mind that there won't be one </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check the first post - there's definetly a rocket launcher. In fact, check all the posts, you find out more info that way.

Wait, Minigun? Aren't those only vehicle mounted? The constant kickback from that thing would push you back like 20 feet (exaggeration), not to mention the thing weighs like 80 pounds at least. Someone explain this to me.

It isn't clear yet if this is a fixed weapon only or a hand-held weapon. It's handheld in TS, and turns up in a lot of other games, so it may be hand-held, but there's definetly miniguns on the dropships, so they may be fixed only.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fates.Dark.Hand:
    The Weapons to me look awsome!

Its so much better that bullets are used and not lazers, i've only seen a pistle and a rifle being used in actual screen shots of gameplay footage. but it seams like there will be a tonne more...i'm also hoping for a rocket launcher...well theres not much doubt in my mind that there won't be one </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the bullets over lasers thing is really important; I don't think I've ever seen a alaser weapon in a game that even begins to approach the intensity of a good bullet-based gun.

There's a mix of fairly traditional weapons and a few new 'uns, but I think the most interesting stuff is what you can do with the guns, rather than simply what they are.

Neko.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast