Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: how to get il21946 to work with win7 FIX | Forums

G'day Everyone,
    I'm a "newbie" on this forum and would like to say G'day! I have a question for those of you who understand how PCs work, I have just purchased a new "Purpose built" PC for "Flight Sims" I probably don't have the correct combination but I'm in there and trying. "Fellas", I need some help. As I said I've just bought a new PC, the first PC I ever had ran Win 98 I then went to XP and found "IL2", I absolutely loved it, then a friend's kid got on it and stuffed it! I was given, as a present, a new one but alas it had a Vista O/S I couldn't run IL2 anymore. To cut a long story short, yesterday I noticed on some MS site that Ubisoft were offering an upgrade to Win 7 PC owners to enable us to use IL2 1946.

Now this is the problem, " I have never had a lesson in how to use a computer. Everything I know (Which isn't a lot) and understand is as a result of trial and error so please treat me as a "computer Idiot" I understand most things but I know there are a lot more things to learn. I'm 57 years of age, I'm only a learner, I have all of the software in my cabinet ready to download and would love to eventually learn how to get online and fly with and against real people rather than AI aircraft. I'm not sure if I'm on the correct forum and apoligise if I'm not. Is there someone out there who would be willing to lend an "Old Bloke" a hand?

Thanks and Cheers,

sack784
    1505hrs
    Friday 21/05/10.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Bare with me, I'm not helpless when it comes to computers but after reading through the forums i'm light years behind most PC gamers.

I cannot for the life of me figure this out. I bought, downloaded and installed IL2 1946 succesfully on win 7, but the instant i try to run the program i get an error message reading "windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item" I doubt it's a permission issue as i am logged in as an administrator. I feel like there's something very simple i may be missing (the only anti virus i have is sophos) please help

and for what it may be worth, on my win7 the shortcut icon for the il2fb.exe is some default looking box thing, but after installing the game on another older computer with xp the proper IL2 1946 shortcut icon appears (also i do not get any error messages upon startup, it just prompts me to enter my activation code from the download page). The xp comp is hella slow though and i'd hate to waste my activation code on it. Any suggestions for a hopeless PC noob?

Originally posted by mwilliamson1990:
    Bare with me, I'm not helpless when it comes to computers but after reading through the forums i'm light years behind most PC gamers.

I cannot for the life of me figure this out. I bought, downloaded and installed IL2 1946 succesfully on win 7, but the instant i try to run the program i get an error message reading "windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item" I doubt it's a permission issue as i am logged in as an administrator. I feel like there's something very simple i may be missing (the only anti virus i have is sophos) please help

and for what it may be worth, on my win7 the shortcut icon for the il2fb.exe is some default looking box thing, but after installing the game on another older computer with xp the proper IL2 1946 shortcut icon appears (also i do not get any error messages upon startup, it just prompts me to enter my activation code from the download page). The xp comp is hella slow though and i'd hate to waste my activation code on it. Any suggestions for a hopeless PC noob?
    You're antivirus deleted il2fb.exe. It's happened before that il2fb.exe has been falsely marked a virus.
    "The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.[Europe], under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep. If once [the people] become inattentive to the public affairs, you and I, and Congress, and Assemblies, judges and governors shall all become wolves. " - Thomas Jefferson

Originally posted by sack784:
    G'day Everyone,
    I'm a "newbie" on this forum and would like to say G'day! I have a question for those of you who understand how PCs work, I have just purchased a new "Purpose built" PC for "Flight Sims" I probably don't have the correct combination but I'm in there and trying. "Fellas", I need some help. As I said I've just bought a new PC, the first PC I ever had ran Win 98 I then went to XP and found "IL2", I absolutely loved it, then a friend's kid got on it and stuffed it! I was given, as a present, a new one but alas it had a Vista O/S I couldn't run IL2 anymore. To cut a long story short, yesterday I noticed on some MS site that Ubisoft were offering an upgrade to Win 7 PC owners to enable us to use IL2 1946.

Now this is the problem, " I have never had a lesson in how to use a computer. Everything I know (Which isn't a lot) and understand is as a result of trial and error so please treat me as a "computer Idiot" I understand most things but I know there are a lot more things to learn. I'm 57 years of age, I'm only a learner, I have all of the software in my cabinet ready to download and would love to eventually learn how to get online and fly with and against real people rather than AI aircraft. I'm not sure if I'm on the correct forum and apoligise if I'm not. Is there someone out there who would be willing to lend an "Old Bloke" a hand?

Thanks and Cheers,

sack784
    1505hrs
    Friday 21/05/10.
    Hi Sack, I can help you get it going if you like. Reply here or send me a private message.
    -------------------------------------------------------------

"Over Dieppe, the wing was immediately bounced by a hundred FW 190s and a few Me 109s. I heard Johnson effing and bli

Wow, thanks a million guys

Just formatted a partition and installed Win7. Could not get Il2 4.07 to start from Il2-46 DVD fresh installation.

Found this thread, followed the Securom update instructions. All working fine now.

Neat little application that Securom utility...

S!

Gunny

TX Squadron - http://www.txsquadron.com
    Dual-boot Win 7 64/XP 32 SP3
    Intel Q9650 @ 4.0 GHz
    Gigabyte EP45-UD3P
    4 GB Corsair PC2-8500 CS 1066
    Nvidia GTX 580 3GB VRAM

Thanks that did the trick, I was woundering why IL2 would not start with my Seven 64bit...

Now it works.

Cheers

"What a Nitemare SecuROM is "they should be " tared and feathered and run out of town" my IL2 46 is installed on a PC that has not on the net.

two weeks worth of e mails so far and still can not get IL2 46 up and running , Not just that all old visions of the game that "I have Paid hard cash for will not run as well "

"My GOD hoping that SOW will not give us this drama and allow off line play"

Windows 7 64 bit -trying to get clean install of 46 running , had to use a.exe just to get it on my PC , but thats as far as I can IL@ 46 to go

Same problem but solved.

Fresh install of Win 7 64 bit.

Not sure what version the DVD was but i had to do the following.

- Browse CD and run application A
    - Game wouldn't start so installed 4.08m <----Maybe not required??
    - Games wouldn't start so installed 4.09m <--- Maybe not required???
    - Game wouldn't start so replace il2fb.exe with a new file located here

EDITED

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 v1.0 (v4.07m) [MULTI3] Fixed EXE

games started into main menu, not done any testing yet though.

EDIT:No-cd and other cracks are not allowed to be linked or discussed on these forums.

Originally posted by La7_brook:
    "What a Nitemare SecuROM is "they should be " tared and feathered and run out of town" my IL2 46 is installed on a PC that has not on the net.

two weeks worth of e mails so far and still can not get IL2 46 up and running , Not just that all old visions of the game that "I have Paid hard cash for will not run as well "

"My GOD hoping that SOW will not give us this drama and allow off line play"

Windows 7 64 bit -trying to get clean install of 46 running , had to use a.exe just to get it on my PC , but thats as far as I can IL@ 46 to go
    Did the SecuRom fix in this thread not work? Some have had to run the fix a few times to get it to take. Let me know if it still does not work.
    "The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.[Europe], under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep. If once [the people] become inattentive to the public affairs, you and I, and Congress, and Assemblies, judges and governors shall all become wolves. " - Thomas Jefferson

Originally posted by Dr...Watson:
    Same problem but solved.

Fresh install of Win 7 64 bit.

Not sure what version the DVD was but i had to do the following.

- Browse CD and run application A
    - Game wouldn't start so installed 4.08m <----Maybe not required??
    - Games wouldn't start so installed 4.09m <--- Maybe not required???
    - Game wouldn't start so replace il2fb.exe with a new file located here

EDITED

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 v1.0 (v4.07m) [MULTI3] Fixed EXE

games started into main menu, not done any testing yet though.

EDIT:No-cd and other cracks are not allowed to be linked or discussed on these forums.
    Fair enough, but when you spend so much money on the Il2 series, you expect it to work!

See you in the skies...well, maybe not you :-(

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast