Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Stealth Games Report 2011-2012 | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Originally posted by shobhit7777777:
    @Sarge Brent
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">How is this not aggro stealth?
    BwhahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

You're kidding right? you're takin the ****....right?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course it was a joke.. That video is hilarious..

@sameer_monier

I find it funny you think I'm disagreeing with shobhit, saying SCC is not aggro stealth.. I'd be pretty stupid to say it's not.. I'm saying that in the past, where Splinter Cell had always been about silent sneaking - NOT aggro stealth - Hitman could be played aggro.. It was almost impossible to play SC like that..

I just don't think it's overly fair to SE to say they copied SCC.. They've always had an aggro-social-stealth formula.. If you've played the past Hitman games, you'd know that..

Judging by the gameplay of Absolution, they have detection arcs, cover system, and some CQC.. Right? Well - SCC was NOT the first game to have detection arcs or cover to cover.. And before SCC, Hitman has had forms of CQC moves, by using tools.. I remember caving in a guys skull with a baleen hammer oncee.. It strikes me the same as smashing an old skull into the back of a guys head..

I dunno - I personally just don't see how it's fair to SE to accuse them of taking what made SCC a great game and calling it their own..
    AKA VeritcalSpeed.
    Check out the Splinter Cell 7 idea thread - OPSAT SMI Interface - Explored.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

@SolidSage
    Of course it was a joke.. That video is hilarious..
    *Phew!*....I actually for a moment thought you were serious
    The vid WAS hilarious BTW.

I just don't think it's overly fair to SE to say they copied SCC.. They've always had an aggro-social-stealth formula.. If you've played the past Hitman games, you'd know that..

Judging by the gameplay of Absolution, they have detection arcs, cover system, and some CQC.. Right? Well - SCC was NOT the first game to have detection arcs or cover to cover.. And before SCC, Hitman has had forms of CQC moves, by using tools.. I remember caving in a guys skull with a baleen hammer oncee.. It strikes me the same as smashing an old skull into the back of a guys head..
    No No No...we are NOT sayin they 'copied' or anything..

What I and a lot of the others are saying is that Absolution now has a mechanics which make Aggro Stealth a fun and viable way of playing it...these mechanics make Aggro Stealth feel fluid and organic to the game....thats all...in fact Im HAPPY for this inclusion.

I'm saying that in the past, where Splinter Cell had always been about silent sneaking - NOT aggro stealth - Hitman could be played aggro.. It was almost impossible to play SC like that..
    I agree...the thing is you COULD in Hitman silently kill everyone and change disguises and whatnot....you COULD in SC quickly take supressed headshots (and in later games stab them or KO them) and move around fast and lethal like...but the problem was you felt that this playstyle was INORGANIC to the game. It felt wrong besides playing that WAY HAD NO CHALLENGE.
    Just like old school ghosting feels outta place in Conviction. Conviction pulls off Aggro due to mechanics like CQC, M&E,C-2-C etc. + AI and AI density, map size etc.

So, Im happy that they included the aforementioned mechanics in Absolution and at the same time retain their classic Disguise mechanic and it seems they have beefed it up as well (Donuts anyone?) this allows for a more versatile stealth game a la Rainbow Stealth...which is my dream

I'm Batman

Sig: Jazz117Volkov

sgt_brent ops i got it wrong my friend

Now regarding Hitman, in general i don't like to say that any game copied the other, you know Dante's Inferno ?!, it was highly criticized for being God Of War rip off, maybe it was kinda, yet i bought the game and enjoyed it, and i believe if Visceral were to make another one they will add their style, it is just that nowadays the industry has expanded alot, the quality has gone up too, so devs take inspiration from other games and implant it on their own way to make something unique

Hitman has a detection arc, but from the video it seems you can have 5 or 7 arcs at the same time on the screen, that is not in SCC, same concept but SE did what works for them, take downs is a natural thing to implant

So basically i agree with you, and to me no matter what others says, from the very brief look i had on Hitman Absolution i believe it will have it's own vibe, and it will be totally different experience from SCC

Share your ideas with me on SC6 "if you love Conviction" Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
    Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube

Yeah - Five or six detection arcs.. Reminds me of missiles being fired at me in an aerial combat game.. Just telling where the threat is.. Nothing new..

I feel like aggro-stealth in Hitman, because it's always sort of been there - Is better suited than it is in Splinter Cell ONLY because SC had never featured aggro-stealth..

What if SE went full sneaky, avoidance stealth in Absolution? Would that make sense? No.. But it was okay for Ubisoft to take on a different gameplay style with SCC..

I'm not complaining Or wanting to start an argument.. I know Ubisoft did a good thing with it - I'm just making a point..
    AKA VeritcalSpeed.

@Sarge Brent

Fair nuff

Im glad 47 now has CQC. BTW the game looks effin Gorgeous

I'm Batman

Don't confuse CQC with "takedowns"..... Which Hitman has always had

The game does look incredible, yes..
    AKA VeritcalSpeed.

Does ANYONE have the link to the COMPLETE Hitman demo??

I'm Batman

There is no complete demo to be shown to us, Only the 39 sec or whatever in IGN interview, I believe the Demo was behind closed doors and even off hands

Maybe soon SE will release it to the fans to enjoy, yet when !!

Edit : I noticed alot of stealth games were announced

Splinter Cell 6
    Thief 4
    Syphone Filter
    Metal Gear Solid Rising
    Agent (Announced in 2007, and the plot seems like a stealth one with action in the mix)

The full list is here, So what do you guys think ?!

Share your ideas with me on SC6 "if you love Conviction" Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
    Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube

I still think the game isn't going to be called Retribution.

The name "Retribution" was thought up by a bunch of fanboys.. I will put money on the table saying it won't be called that..

The leaked images sort of point to it being called "Broken Arrow" or "Red Dawn".. But who knows.. You cant definitely rule out "Retribution" though.. Sam had his retribution with Conviction - So what's the point?
    AKA VeritcalSpeed.

Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast