Page 22 of 48 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Stealth Games Report 2011-2012 | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Quote Originally Posted by SolidSage View Post
    I Am Alive was a suprisingly enjoyable experience for me after being a little underwhelmed by the trial version. Somewhat different from most everything I have played to date, while being in possession of a lot of familiar mechanics. I completed it last night and think it is the best $8 I have ever spent on a game. I want there to be more of it. Starting again tonight.
    Read several reviews (this, this and this [minor spoiler alert, so it's better to read just one of them]), And now I think it's a very good game. I'm so glad they pulled it off.
    Last edited by KenTWOu; 03-13-2012 at 10:00 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

^@Solid Tell him I'll take that spot lol

On a serious note @Solid (post above a little bit) I think Ubi (especially for a download only game) just wanted to KISS. Save time, save money. At least I would think it would. Which also has me wondering.

Rainbow Six Patriots - modified off the (grr what's it called, the AC engine)
    Splinter Cell Conviction - Unreal engine
    Assassin's Creed 3 - that other heavily modified AC engine like ____ 2.5

So, regardless of my lack of knowledge, do you guys think we'll see a modified AC engine for SC6? I guess I could throw GRFS in there too but idk the engine they're using. Basically their new games are using AC engine (except GRFS idk) but SC has always been Unreal. Is it going to change or will it be the only one that doesn't? And if it does change, does that give us any clues about possible design choices? They mention ACIII about having hundreds of guys on screen. Maybe in SC6, a thoughtful rework of 2007 SCC (social stealth)? Thoughts?

Rainbow Six Patriots and Assassin's Creed 3 will be using the Anvil engine. Splinter Cell Conviction used the Lead engine (which is a heavily modified version of the unreal engine). En GR:FS uses the Yeti engine. I personally don't think Splinter Cell will switch engines, as the Lead engine was also used for I Am Alive, so Ubisoft is still working with that engine.

^Thanks , I can't keep it all straight! I don't know though. I Am Alive, though interesting doesn't really throw its weight in as much as the other pillar games do. Maybe not for SC6 but I think sooner rather than later we'll get engine integration in the form of Anvil. Idk, maybe i completely wrong but that's what i'm betting

Well, it might not be a big title, but it's a significant title nonetheless, and they did choose to use LEAD for it rather than another engine. They could have picked Anvil (Ubisoft has used Anvil since the first Assassin's Creed if I'm not mistaken, so if LEAD was an option, then so was Anvil), but they didn't. So, if Ubisoft is trying to move to one single engine, they are not being obvious about it.

IAA is similar to SCC visually, the crouch walk is the same, sliding down a pipe, climbing horizontally hand over hand is identical and now I think on it, the b&w filter is the entire visual representation in total...well almost. It FEELS like SCC, until you get into the stamina bar and combat tactics.
    Cool little title. I could go for more like this one, I don't care if they repurpose engines, why not if they're good.

@Die
    I keep meaning to send you a friends but I haven't had time for SCC lately. You'll need to get in on the GRFS action.

@Suolucudur (i need to ask what some of these names mean, < this one for starters, and what's a 'Shobhit'?)
    Patriots is using Creed's engine? Say what? It's FP though for most of it I suppose, so does that mean cut animation gameplay stuff in 3rd (like fast rappel running) will look Creed-like in regards to physical fluidity, and what other aspects would it affect?
    Isn't the big difference that Anvil can do stuff faster and smoother or is there a trade off in capabilities?

...and what's a Yeti? GR engine always seemed fine to me, it was the environments and pacing that lost me I think.
    Last edited by SolidSage; 03-14-2012 at 05:17 AM.

Well, this name is quite meaningless :-P. I normally use "Rudiculous" (Ruud + ridiculous, where Ruud is my name (think Rudolf)). But this name wasn't available, so I put it backwards.

As for the patriots-engine being Anvil -- that is what I heard. I do not have hard evidence backing this up, so I could be totally and utterly wrong. :-)

Yeti is the engine used in GRAW and GRAW 2 for the console. For GR:FS they are using an updated version of the same engine.

^ Yeah, he's right about Patriots. Solid if you go to the Patriots forums and look for the thread "OFFICIAL News/Updates Thread" probably the first or second video they talk about how they modified the AC engine to work for Patriots. I just couldn't remember what it was called.

I read a preview (LINK: http://www.computerandvideogames.com...o-know/?page=3)

Here's a quote:

Another addition we're told about - but now shown - is a new cover system, including cover assassinations, and a redesigned weapon wheel and only two face ****ons on screen (compared to four) hinting at further changes.Connor makes quick work of the remaining guards and approaches the enemy camp. Whenever you move through foliage like shrubs or tall grass, Connor automatically crouches. Stealth in general has been vastly improved, and forest environments are full of opportunities to sneak.
    Connor skulks through the undergrowth and come across our assassination targe. He's on horseback in the middle of the camp, waving his sword and ordering his troops around. Connor bursts out of the bushes, takes out two guards with his tomahawk
    MWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHH!!!!!
    Finally!

Gonna get ma stealth on *****!

I'm Batman

Sig: Jazz117Volkov

sounds good... the only part that made me stutter was where it said 'automatically'
    own'n a dude with a tomahawk sounds brutal. I wonder if there'll be improvised weapons.

Page 22 of 48 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast