Page 15 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Stealth Games Report 2011-2012 | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Well being an avid Mass Effect fan myself I've already checked out every new video for ME3. And as I was mentioning before, stealth in the traditional scene of the word is nada there, you can simply attack without the enemy seeing you 1st. It's just some depth and choice to the otherwise GOW esque gameplay. LoL, I don't play Mass Effect for stealth...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Indie developers of Overgrowth put SC:Conviction to shame.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6Jlc44_98Y

P.S: By the way, this game has a lot of stealth game mechanics
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Egy40TYFut8
    Last edited by KenTWOu; 01-25-2012 at 08:51 AM.

Stealing Sound - A fragment from the presentation by Paul Wier - audio director, composer and sound designer of Eidos Montreal (Thief 4). The most interesting part is Powerpoint presentation, you can download it via link in youtube video description,

I'm Batman

Sig: Jazz117Volkov

Quote Originally Posted by sameer_monier View Post
    According to Kotaku there is a Point Shooting mechanic much like Splinter Cell: Conviction's Mark and Execute
    People from CES 2012 said that Hitman Absolution shows some kind of slo-mo Mark & Execute and that its CES presentation was too linear again. Find only this (youtube video) and this is article from Kotaku.

Toward the end of our guided demo of Absolution, Agent 47 walks into a room full of goons, activates his "instinct mode," slows down time, paints all the targets in the room with little red x's, then proceeds to blow them all away with a micro uzi.

Matt said he felt that this was similar to the "Mark and Execute" mechanic used by Sam Fisher in Splinter Cell Conviction but when I saw this happen, I just couldn't help myself. I screamed out, "Haha, he's got deadeye!"

IO wasn't amused. "Well, not exactly - you see we based this off a real world technique used by Special Forces operatives. You can look it up on Wikipedia!"
    Also this from Hitman forums
    'Point-shooting' also known as 'instinct shooting' is actually a technique that is recognised in military circles and this is what we try and replicate in the game. It enables 47 to use his excellent reactions, focus and marksmanship to quickly eliminate a room of enemies when he doesn't have the time to survey a situation, quickly comes under fire and needs to react.
    Point shooting.
    You can try to tag all of the enemies and hope you have enough Instinct power to clear the room, or, if you are running low on instinct power, you could go for the canisters and take out a few guys faster, improving the odds. The thing to remember is that point shooting is running on the Instinct power economy and as such, you don’t get to freeze time and take down enemies all the time. Activating point shooting costs instinct power, tagging items or enemies adds additional costs and all the while you're doing that, you're also burning instinct power while you're in point shooting mode...
    Sounds awesome!
    Last edited by KenTWOu; 02-14-2012 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KenTWOu View Post
    People from CES 2012 said that Hitman Absolution has some kind of slo-mo Mark & Execute and that its CES presentation was too linear again. Find only this (youtube video) and this article from Kotaku.
    Also the Devs said that Agent 47 is heading to a town called Hope, and it will show what the fans want, so everyone is waiting for that Hope town to see the open style sand box game of Hitman, probably at GDC we will see both this new mechanic and the new open map ?!

KenTWOu: **** it . you edited your whole post, now my post made no sense, and I had to remove the bulk of it haha

((
    wow, no really, the forum is now blocking the word D-A-M-N too !!!, first it was B-U-T-T-O-N, and now this, this new forum Sucks)
    Last edited by sameer_monier; 02-14-2012 at 01:22 PM.

Share your ideas with me on SC6 "if you love Conviction" Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
    Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by sameer_monier View Post
    KenTWOu: **** it . you edited your whole post, now my post made no sense, and I had to remove the bulk of it haha
    Yeah, this is the most annoying of my habits. Always edit something in my post like some kind of perfectionist. Even when I'm writing something in my native language.
    Last edited by KenTWOu; 02-14-2012 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KenTWOu View Post
    Yeah, this is the most annoying of my habits. Always edit something in my post like some kind of perfectionist. Even when I'm writing something in my native language.
    no worries, by the way are you keeping an eye on the whole barcode society thing ?!BTW would you mind reminding me how t embed a link with a title, I can't seem to be able to do it anymore, that's why I liked the older forum, it was so simple and user friendly

Edit: I think I got it, anyway to update this thread with new titles that may come This Year
    Last edited by sameer_monier; 02-14-2012 at 05:18 PM.

Share your ideas with me on SC6 "if you love Conviction" Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
    Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube

LoL you guys...
    though I can't complain, I've developed OCD with editing posts...

@Jazz: I could do with a proof reader will all the mistakes I make, lol! Just found out you can go invisible in the new ME3.

@Sameer: So true, in the GRFS forum I tried posting B-U-T-T as in the back of the gun, not someones bottom and they sensored it, wth!
    Currently waiting on:

Beyond Good & Evil 2(?), Portal 3(?), Deus Ex: Universe, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Mirror's Edge, Watch_Dogs, Rainbow 6: Patriots, Cyberpunk 2077.

Page 15 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast