Thread: Stealth Games Report 2011-2012 | Forums

  1. #131
    sameer_monier's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cairo, Egypt
    Posts
    5,487
    Here a new gameplay for Hitman Absolution, I made some editing though http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM5t2oElZVo
    You can watch Gamespot interview to learn more, avoid IGN Preview since it got spoilers
    Also a little bit of info

    Purist Mode is a new mode IO introducing in Hitman Absolution, it is for Hardcore fans, it remove every thing, every accessible feature, all the HUD, everything is gone

    According to Kotaku there is a Point Shooting mechanic much like Splinter Cell: Conviction's Mark and Execute
    Share this post

  2. #132
    Jazz117Volkov's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    5,863
    Hitman Absolution sounds pretty good indeed. A definite buy for me.

    Recently I've got my stealth fix from Deus Ex: The Missing Link
    It's absolutely brilliant. Great stealth and a great addition to Deus Ex.
    Share this post

  3. #133
    shobhit7777777's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Mumbai, India
    Posts
    7,786
    @Jazz

    I've been considering UC3....heard it has stealth sections and splitscreen coop...any stealth in the coop missions.

    and I'll be going after the missing link and the weapon pack (with the silenced sniper rifle) sometime this week.

    Oh and Absolution will prolly be brilliant.
    Share this post

  4. #134
    Originally Posted by sameer_monier Go to original post
    Here a new gameplay for Hitman Absolution, I made some editing though http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM5t2oElZVo
    You can watch Gamespot interview to learn more, avoid IGN Preview since it got spoilers
    Also a little bit of info

    Purist Mode is a new mode IO introducing in Hitman Absolution, it is for Hardcore fans, it remove every thing, every accessible feature, all the HUD, everything is gone

    According to Kotaku there is a Point Shooting mechanic much like Splinter Cell: Conviction's Mark and Execute
    Looking forward to this game but some of those animations and stealth kills look a little underwhelming
    Share this post

  5. #135
    sameer_monier's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cairo, Egypt
    Posts
    5,487
    Originally Posted by LOGIK1911 Go to original post
    Looking forward to this game but some of those animations and stealth kills look a little underwhelming
    I don't think the will focus on CQC, but TBH I really liked the knife kill (the one he threw at the back of the guard), maybe all the mechanics will come together in the end, since in terms of stealth it got alot of variety, from disguise, to cover stealth, aggro stealth, ...etc, maybe they will work more on the animation, since this game got only a 2012 release date, but I think from what we saw we can say it is a solid game
    Share this post

  6. #136
    Jazz117Volkov's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    5,863
    Originally Posted by shobhit7777777 Go to original post
    @Jazz

    I've been considering UC3....heard it has stealth sections and splitscreen coop...any stealth in the coop missions.

    and I'll be going after the missing link and the weapon pack (with the silenced sniper rifle) sometime this week.

    Oh and Absolution will prolly be brilliant.
    Umm, well tbh I haven't actually played UC3 yet... dunno when I'll get to that. If it's any consolation the 2nd game was like a really linear/scripted SCC with no crouch button and dumb AI... oh and I think 3 has a suppressor.

    Almost finished my 2nd playthrough of The Missing Link. On hardest with no kills and no alerts. Just got the final showdown with the douche bag.
    ...wouldn't know I'm trying to complete two playthroughs of Mass Effect 1/2 in prep for no3, LMAO
    Share this post

  7. #137
    Soulid_Snake's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hillys
    Posts
    1,546
    Have any of you played, "Stealth Bastard", it's retro, but extremely fun to play and did I mention it's free? Other games:

    -Project Stealth, is looking very Splinter Cell-esque.
    -Mass Effect 3, was supposed to have stealth elements.
    -Dishonered, the maker of the game has worked on Deus Ex and Theif: Deadly Shadows.
    Share this post

  8. #138
    Jazz117Volkov's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    5,863
    Hmph, dunno 'bout stealth elements in Mass Effect 3. I think you can engage the enemy without being seen first, but that's about it.
    Share this post

  9. #139
    Soulid_Snake's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hillys
    Posts
    1,546
    I'm not too sure myself Jazz, but the geezer in the linked video does mentioning how shepards abilities have evolved, leading, "to a choice in gameplay"! Watch from 3:10:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSx3Zff6Liw

    Shepard has a virtual blade named the, "Omniblade" which can be used for stealth kills, theres even a edition of the game named after it. Sounds promising though! this article mentions stealth playing a heavy role ME3, dunno how true that will be:

    http://www.planetxbox360.com/article...Blade_Detailed
    Share this post

  10. #140
    shobhit7777777's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Mumbai, India
    Posts
    7,786
    ME 3 nao haz blad3!!! OMG i can haz stelth?!?!?

    Seriously it takes them 3 games to realise that "Hey...a melee weapon for the sneaky/AggroRushers might be a neat idea"
    never too late though...would open up a lot of oppurtunites provided the AI has a 'stealth' setting.
    Share this post