Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Stealth Games Report 2011-2012 | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

This E3 has some major titles offering quite a bit of Stealth gameplay. I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread keeping track of those games

1. Assassins Creed: Revelations
    ACR E32011 Stage Demo

The game boasts an enhanced Eagle vision which allows the player to observe patrol routes and 'predict' enemy movement. This can be used in conjunction with the 'crafting' system to deploy traps and ambushes, or used ot evade enemies.
    The crafting system also allows players to make bombs to suit their playstyle. Flashbangs, Smokescreens etc.
    Plus the everpresent crowd stealth. Needless to say ACR will have a major Stealth aspect.

2. Ghost Recon Future Soldier

GRFS E32011 Stage Demo

GRFS Machinima Interview with Extended Gameplay

This is actually an interesting title (as a GR fan I have mixed feelings about this....loving and hating it at the same time)

GRFS borrows heavily from Conviction. The GUI and the way the HUD is 'projected' is reminscent of SCCs projected text. Not a bad thing at all since the Cross Com would actually overlay things as such....looks cool though
    It also has SCCs 'Cover-to-Cover' System (worjks pretty well here) and also a version of SONAR goggles. M&E also makes an appearance..more on that later

The gameplay looks pretty sweet and judging by the map size it looks like the areas are pretty big and have several approaches. In the demo we can see the 4 player branching off and moving in from different approaches...I like that.

Now comes the M&E part with a Ghost Recon take on it. The player can mark their selected target ans then zoom in and lock on..this is represented by a blue laser which shows where your and all of your teammates weapons are pointing.
    It's like SCC on a larger scale with 4 players.

I didn't enjoy the 'chest high walls' shooting sequence and the Helicopter attack though. I have a bad feeling about that...and lets not forget the ****ty art design and the overload of HUD.

3. Farcry 3
    Farcry 3 E32011 Gameplay Demo

Looking forward to this one as well, as it has probably has better AI and stealth features (Stealth Kills) than it's predecessors

4. Rainbow Six (No videos)
    Will Update

5. Hitman Absolution

Hitman ABsolution E32011 Gameplay Preview (article)

Hitman Absolution E32011 Trailer

Hitman Absolution E32011 Gamespot Interview

Hitman Absolution IGN E32011 Stage Demo- 90 seconds of gameplay

Short Gameplay courtesy KenTWOu

Hitman Absolution short gameplay

6. Batman Arkham City

Batman Arkham City E32011 Stage Demo

I'm Batman

Sig: Jazz117Volkov
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Stealth is weak this year so far. I'm waiting for B:AC (although, it will probably be like AA) and Hitman to bring me nostalgic ride.

By the way, the Hitman Absolution render trailer has been released:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfQwttOMpNc

(stop crying about the lack of stealth in the trailer )

I can see Hitman being a lot like Conviction, now that I see that trailer.. Compare that to the past Hitman trailers, and it feels exactly the same as Ubisoft's abandoning their old SC gameplay formula for a new and "exciting" feel..

God, I hope not..
    AKA VeritcalSpeed.
    Check out the Splinter Cell 7 idea thread - OPSAT SMI Interface - Explored.

Originally posted by sgt_brent:
    I can see Hitman being a lot like Conviction, now that I see that trailer.. Compare that to the past Hitman trailers, and it feels exactly the same as Ubisoft's abandoning their old SC gameplay formula for a new and "exciting" feel..

God, I hope not..
    http://www.pcgames.de/Hitman-5...killer-Serie-827878/

it's in german, however it basically says that its just like the old hitman games, except action mechanics are much better now, you can use the environment(example given in the article: 47 using a cable to strangle someone) and there are short action parts between the stealth missions (chases etc)

of course, that's exactly what ubisoft told us about conviction, so we'll have to make our own mind up

You know what - I believe that it will remain true to Hitman.. Edios has always had something special with Hitman, and they know r - I think they're a company aimed at simply making epic games, rather than attempting to appeal to as many people as possibly.. They always have been, in the past..

They would rather get an "Absolutely amazing!" rating from their already established fanbase following, than an "It's decent" rating from every gamer on the planet.. I wish the same could be said about Ubisoft, and Splinter Cell..

I wish Ubisoft's was like that, in terms of Splinter Cell..
    AKA VeritcalSpeed.
    Check out the Splinter Cell 7 idea thread - OPSAT SMI Interface - Explored.

I like Far Cry 3 knives. Splinter Cell 6 totally needs this stuff. Also this Far Cry 3 video almost the same but with HUD and developer's commentary.

And I also have mixed feelings about Ghost Recon Future Soldier. I'm not a fan of this series, but it looks like they repeat the same mistakes. Too fast animation (5:03 - 5:32), too much action, helicopter boss and shallow stealth because of invisibility.

Originally posted by shobhit7777777:
    This E3 has some major titles offering quite a bit of Stealth gameplay. I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread keeping track of those games...
    Yeah, this thread is great idea

I hope ACR has a big Stealth Aspect. But the demo shows something different. Scripted Mission, not able to play stealthy there. Combat is still very easy. If they haven't got difficulty modes it will be very disappointing.

Originally posted by Andre202:
    I hope ACR has a big Stealth Aspect. But the demo shows something different. Scripted Mission, not able to play stealthy there. Combat is still very easy. If they haven't got difficulty modes it will be very disappointing.
    Every game in the franchise is easy because each game is very forgiving, it doesn't matter how much disturbance player cause.

SCC influenced alot of games, GRFS got floating text as real time intel, it works way better in GRFS

HA got a sense of takedowns now, just like SCC got Krava Maga

Share your ideas with me on SC6 "if you love Conviction" Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
    Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube

Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast