Thread: Plz help to play some mp | Forums

Map Editor | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Far Cry 4 | Kyrat Tuk Tuk Stories [EUROPE]

Far Cry® 4 Arena Master [UK]

CGI Launch Trailer | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

Ok, I am the causual player.
    Tried several servers with 1.3 patch installed.
    Seems to connect, have entered cd key several times now. Level loader moves all the way to the right and then I go back to windows.
    After several tries it now says cd key in use.

I am terribly sorry. Guess this has been posted several times before. I have 1.3 patch installed.

So what do I do now? Reinstall? Been playing the single player several times over again now. Wanted to try mp. Anything I can do now besides re-install, re-restting all options, re-installing patches. Can't figure of all the hazzle is worth it.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Ok, I am the causual player.
    Tried several servers with 1.3 patch installed.
    Seems to connect, have entered cd key several times now. Level loader moves all the way to the right and then I go back to windows.
    After several tries it now says cd key in use.

I am terribly sorry. Guess this has been posted several times before. I have 1.3 patch installed.

So what do I do now? Reinstall? Been playing the single player several times over again now. Wanted to try mp. Anything I can do now besides re-install, re-restting all options, re-installing patches. Can't figure of all the hazzle is worth it.

usually that happens when the maps dont match make sure you are joining a server with a map you have or download more map packs from slugworths' posts... also make sure no antivirus is turning on or blocking you..i have nortons and sometimes it would block me at the last minute even after being able to see the servers also dbl check your punkbuster make sure its up to date...other than that ya know the usual uninstall reinstall reupdate ...

If you are crashing to desktop as soon as a level loads in MP I'd say it was something messed up with your install, but could be something system releated as well. I'd think if you could play SP you should be able to do MP as well. What are you system specs including direct x version. YOu should be using direct x 9.0c with 1.3 really.

"If after 10 minutes of online gaming you can't tell who the whipping boy is, then its YOU! :mock:"
    XP3200+ Geforce 6800GT 256MB 1024 megs

Many thanks for the kind replies. I try the re-install.

Once you get dumped back to desktop, you will get the CD key in use message if you try to go back in right away. The server thinks you are still logged in. Wait a bit and try again, you should not have to enter the key more than once, and if you do, you will get the "in use" error.

Before you reinstall make sure that you have tried to join a server that is running a default map like dune, dam, freighter, jungle, airstrip, or mango river. If its running a different map you will crash to desktop and you will get a cd key error when trying to go to another server.
    MP Handle:|pG|Da*****
    I'll take your woman, then I'll take your beer, and then I'll take your flag. But if your woman is chunky then I'll just take your beer and your flag!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sheepmolester:
    Before you reinstall make sure that you have tried to join a server that is running a default map like dune, dam, freighter, jungle, airstrip, or mango river. If its running a different map you will crash to desktop and you will get a cd key error when trying to go to another server. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quite true, sometimes even official maps do this though.
    My solution is to host a game yourself, keep trying until you find an officail map that loads all the way, once that is done your problem should be fixed.

Feel free to play normally after that.

Not really so, as if you don't have the map you will normally just get an error message about error loading map data. Also, he said the map loaded all the way, which means he had to have had the map for that to occur.
    Still, hosting a lan as an experiment with all the maps is no bad idea to see if it is a map issue or something related to multiplayer.

"If after 10 minutes of online gaming you can't tell who the whipping boy is, then its YOU! :mock:"
    XP3200+ Geforce 6800GT 256MB 1024 megs

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Huntsman33:
    Not really so, as if you don't have the map you will normally just get an error message about error loading map data. Also, he said the map loaded all the way, which means he had to have had the map for that to occur.
    Still, hosting a lan as an experiment with all the maps is no bad idea to see if it is a map issue or something related to multiplayer. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He didnt state whether his problem was with official or custom maps.

I never stated that only custom maps screw up, most of the time this happens it is official maps that do it.

He doesnt get all the way in, until you can successfully click to "join the players/ a team" you can crash, any kind of crash.

And hosting a lan game isnt an experiment, it fixes it, guarenteed.
    Atleast it does for me, everytime.
    Pretty much simply getting into ANY multiplayer game successfully will fix it.