Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SH3 crashes after video and loading screen | Forums

I did all of the above, didn't work, then i tried to run the game in windows 98 compatibilty mode (i'm using windows XP though.) and it worked just fine!

I know it has been a while since the original post and replies, but I wanted to post that the renaming of the Intro folder suggested by Loggitt above worked like a charm for me. I was trying to play SH3 on WindowsXP and kept getting a "game encountered a problem and needs to close" error message. I spent quite a few hours trying various suggestions that are posted here and other places, including reinstalling, messing with drivers, etc. Wish I had read this suggestion much earlier.

Thanks for posting the results of you renaming the intro files.

Good to know this works.

I have found you can just delete these files to get it going to.

Hi,i know this is an old thread but maybe someone here can help me get mine working again?now a freind installed LSH3 2015 and it was working great,then last month i had to reinstall windows 7,ive just tried my LSH3 and i get as far as the red bar loading then it seems to stop right at end(this is after ive chosen commander etc)then because im sat here waiting for over ten minutes i hit ctrl alt del and i see it says this>No CSubTorpedo Ctrl*:cmlhalache??...it doesnt say game stopped working?should i have waited another five minutes guys?or is this file missing from when i wipedC Drive a month ago?even though my game looks to be installed under Gdrive? hmmm im not IT expert so please ANY help would be apreciated,this is the last game in my inventory to get working again since update win7!thanks in advance folksi have faith in this community.

Hello IckieStickie,

You maybe able to find an answer over at the Subsims web site. Check out the SH 3 section.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12