Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Non English Threads | Forums

Launch trailer - Might & Magic® X Legacy [UK]

Might & Magic X - Legacy - 4 New Classes Speed Painting trailer [UK]

Might and Magic X Legacy - The Gameplay trailer [UK]

Might & Magic X Legacy -- The Open Dev starts! [EUROPE]

SHould we ban these?

I understand a bit the gist of most of them but we can't moderate if there is issues.

As an example, the last post by Zamolxis108 looks suspicious to me, not bad language per say, but condescendant. Yet it may be perfectly fine. Who am I to say?

- K -
    The First one
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

SHould we ban these?

I understand a bit the gist of most of them but we can't moderate if there is issues.

As an example, the last post by Zamolxis108 looks suspicious to me, not bad language per say, but condescendant. Yet it may be perfectly fine. Who am I to say?

- K -
    The First one

I'd be leery of offending the Europeans. Maybe leave it alone unless people start to get angry.

If you can't understand it, I certainly can't. I don't think we can properly moderate a thread like this on an english speaking forum. I had asked previously for a thread to continue in english to give everyone a chance to join, and the thread died. No reason to keep this one going, so I locked it.

I would however like to hear some feedback on what some of our private members feel about a decision like this. That would help in further decisions that affect the forums.

TP

Ok, I talked to another person who has a great deal of experience with this sort of thing and she said give them a chance and let them have fun. Only close if there are reported problems. So I reopened the thread.
    ( I can be such a newbie )

TP

I know this a bit of a stretch to say, but I think that was the most hare-brained idea for a thread yet over there on the public board. Now if they wanted a Russian thread or a Romanian thread or something like that, a thread for one particular language, that would almost make sense (still no reason why they can't take it somewhere else, however.) But a tower of Babel thread where anything goes except the one language that people are the best off using if they want to be understood in an international setting, that's not much more than an excuse to make annoying, pointless posts. Though I can see how they think it's cute in a way (so I went ahead and joined in...)

Furchtlos bis zum bitteren Ende

as long as they are all kosher I see no problem with it. Though there should be an Off Topic board and something like that post should not be the norm.
    We have enough friends that speak a multitude of languages to find out what is going on in the threads.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Blackjack_77:
    I know this a bit of a stretch to say, but I think that was the most hare-brained idea for a thread yet over there on the public board. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think he took it from the CH board, where there is such a thread. Basically, there you would see different languages taking turns of being the one discussed in since, so when one discussion in a particular language died, another one in another language would soon start. It has the advantage of not cluttering the forum with a plethora of one language threads that dies after a while.

Whether it's good from a mod's point of view would most likely depend on the forum- there is seldom much to do in that regard over at CH anyway, since people there are usually polite.

It's true that things would get cluttered up pretty badly if there were a thread for every other language, it's just in this case I don't see whay bother posting here in the first place if you only want a few of all the people posting here to be able to understand it. It just seemed to me like the thread was made as a reaction against the impression that we are arbitrarily being forced to use English when actually that's simply the practical thing to do when a lot more people from all over the world know English than Russian or French, for example. Like Devilish Gring said, why segregate yourself unnecessarily? It just seems pointless to me.

Furchtlos bis zum bitteren Ende

Russian posts in this thread are completely senseless and most of them are extremely obscene... It will be only better if you delete them. IMHO.

So here is the problem, do we stop the thread that no one can read, or do we keep it going because we know no one can understand it. I have been using a translator, and did not get the impression that the Russian posts were that bad. But than we all know the reliability of Babel fish . Alote of slang would not get translated and meanings may not be right.

So the dilema, if the bad language was in english, I know everyone may be offended, but since it is in Russian, is anyone really affected. I told them to contact a mod if there are any problems. I can trust you Astor (could you send me an actual translation via the systems messageing system so I can findout what I have been translating), but maybe we should wait until it becomes a problem over there. What do you think Kingo? Did I make any sense?

TP

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast