Thread: Is there a way to check someone's acct name in game? | Forums

I'm sicking tired of ppl come into a coop game, starts intentional gimping, tking, and uses foul language just to p!ss ppl off. The worst thing is, they can get out of the game, change their names, come back into the game and do the same thing again.Is there a way to check someone's acct name, I'm not saying something like 'playerlist'; something that gives you a clue to identify that person. Thx.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I'm sicking tired of ppl come into a coop game, starts intentional gimping, tking, and uses foul language just to p!ss ppl off. The worst thing is, they can get out of the game, change their names, come back into the game and do the same thing again.Is there a way to check someone's acct name, I'm not saying something like 'playerlist'; something that gives you a clue to identify that person. Thx.

Not in game. The only way I know for non-admins to see the UBI-ID would be to play on a Team/Clan server who's website has the N4-Admin module that shows info about the server. Included in the information is the in-game name as well as the UBI-ID.

If you would like to see it in action goto www.fatalityincorporated.com and click on the server link at the top. Then click on a server that has players in it. You will see all the information available including time in the server, kills, deaths, gender of character, ping, etc.

Also to avoid all the childish behavior, look for Team/Clan servers to start with. They are generally better admin'ed than non ones. Of course if there isn't an admin present, then there's nothing that can be done about it at that time. Anyway stop by our servers when a member is present (just look for [:FI:] infront of a name) and you won't get that childish crud - we just don't tolerate it and ban if players refuse to behave and treat other players with respect.
    ---------------------------------
    What UBI needs is not "Hype" but candor and honest communication.

pb_plist, remember a part of his guid :P

I guess I assumed he wanted a more reliable way for himself to identify problem players so he doesn't join servers with them already in there. Sure he can write down the partial GUID but pb_plist only work once you are in the server and will be a big Pain in the Behind to use as an identifer of someone. But Medion is right, it's the only thing you could use to ID someone whom you think is comming back into the server under another alias. You would still have to start a votekick or let the server admin know the guy just rejoined so they could ban or kick.

Still the best way to avoid all this is to play on well admin'ed servers.
    ---------------------------------
    What UBI needs is not "Hype" but candor and honest communication.