Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For the long-time posters here... | Forums

For the long-time posters to the GR1, GRIT, and the PC forums...

What has Ubisoft / Red Storm incorporated into the GR2 game, based on comments made in the various forums?

Just curious, since I've only been here a month.

-Jam
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Glitches in the OTS view that allow you to shoot through low walls and rocks that your gun clearly cannot reach over.

Enemy that spawn instead of already being on the map when the game starts.

Enemy vehicles that spawn. I saw a tank spawn, and that really killed the game for me.

No silenced weapons that originally came with the game.

One team instead of two.

Enemy AI that are not smarter than the old AI, instead they just have 25X night vision xray optics built into their eyes.

Enemy AI that run and shoot from the hip, and are still able to hit you from 200 yards out. At least in OGR the enemy would go prone, kneel, or at least stop before firing a shot.

Friendly AI that are clearly not more intelligent, and in fact the old AI were better, because at least they were more prone to shoot, even before you.

Linear maps.

No buildings to enter.

No blood.

Bodies that disappear.

Hit detection that is somewhat subpar (check out http://www.ickobox.com).

Soldiers that clearly carry far more equipment than real spec ops soldiers do.

Less guns to choose from.

No Yeti suit for the sniper.

What is the deal with Nick not wearing a helmet? Soldiers without helmets should be hit square in the temple with a rifle butt.

There are a couple other items, but I have to get back to work.

XyZspineZyX
    jchung i think he meant from our previous posting what did they put in GR2, rather than what do we want in GR3

haha but Jchung, Nick does have tattoos and soldiers with tattoos don't need those weird looking helmets which don't look cool on the battlefield anyway.

But serious not all SF wear helmets from what I've seen on pictures and doc's but it maybe is a bit odd he and the lady (name?) don't have them and the rest does.

Don't forget we have like... 2 hills or so now where you can walk on without invisible barriers, instead of 0 in GR1 the rest is still the same though.

And afcourse we can roll now.

I think he was rather accurate with what they put in GR2 and took out (which could be added for those not wanting it). Everything he listed are now the features of GR2.

Yes the list is pretty accurate but Dammer said "based on comments made in the various forums", not just what changed now.

ms-kleaneasy understands what I'm asking about.

What posts or suggestions about the FIRST game made it into the SECOND game?

Example - first game had only about 20 enemies per map in GR1, then there were probably posts in the forums that wanted more enemies put in the game and so that was done in GR2?

We've got a lot of great posts and suggestions here about how the Third game should work or be improved on - I just hope they come true.

-Jam

@Jam_Dammer
    @ms-kleaneasy
    @Tchaikovsky
    @WhiteKnight77

Boy am I stupid, how did I ever get confused with that one?

Sorry, wrong thread, uh, was I trying to increase my post count? Never mind, I'm woefully confused.

Seriously though, getting back on topic, I do
    remember the pathetic lateral motion (while standing, in a crouched position, and while prone) in OGR, and some people posting complaints, and then how the lateral motion improved by leaps and bounds in GR2.

Also, in OGR the game would momentarily freeze everytime you fired a rocket.

The only two I can think of at the moment.

The game freezing when you launched a rocket could be due to the sound of it being launched. When I first got GR, I had slowdowns and drops in framerates anytime I got near anything making lots of noise (the 3 tanks on the Vilnious map for the mission). Adding a scound card to my PC took care of that and even help to increase frame rates. It may be a similar reason for the XBox, not enough umph from the processor to handle sounds with lots of stuff on the map.

XyZspineZyX
    If that were the case WK it wouldnt be able to handle it in any other game either and it can including GR2

When ubi ported GR to xbox they made some minor adjustments so that the xbox could 'cope' with it. What they hadnt realised is the xbox could cope with it anyway, they've since realised what it can deal with hence some of the awesome games that have come out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast