Thread: Memorization Feature Request | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

It would be cool if there were some tool to help you memorize the song before trying to play in master mode. Sure, some memorization comes from sight reading, but I'm thinking something were the notes progressively drop out of the song and you're still expected to play them. Or maybe the notes fade out as they're coming down the path. Or maybe a mode where it tells you a note is there (timing) but not which note it is.

Some sort of scaffolding around progressive memorization would be a good thing that I would love to toil away with. Would anybody else find this useful?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Have not gotten to mastering songs but I think about it...And going from notes to no notes might be tough...I figure i'll be dam good by then and will have played the song 500x...But I like the idea of a ghost note for timing that doesnt reveal the note..but just as the normal mode gets harder and harder...why not keep progressing it all the way to master mode...the option to stop before mastering my instument seems like the opposite of the games vision???

What I do is try relating some of the lyrics to the note changes or just stop playing for a second and listen for where the song currently is.

you dont have to do 'that' good to get a good score in master performance mode, just give it your best and you should be ok.

My experience has been that if you've got to the point of unlocking master mode for any song, you've already memorized it. The harder the riff, the more likely you're going to be looking at your guitar than the screen... which is what you should be doing anyways.