Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: From Dust Steam Key Binding? | Forums

Ubisoft Support Staff NCSA Ubi_SamSeed's Avatar
    Hi All,

Just wanted to pop in here to let you know that we are aware of the Key Binding Failed errors on the Steam version of From Dust, and are working to correct the problem. As soon as the issue has been resolved, you should be able to activate (bind) using the original key given to you by Steam. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
    Post No Bills
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I also just bought the game through steam. I have also posted a question about it along with a link to this thread. I don't understand how a single company can **** up so many games in so many different ways but still manage to stay in business.
    I'm gonna have to agree with sweetxavya here; this will probably be one of my last Ubisoft purchases (for PC at least) as they manage to **** it up so very often.

<quote author="sweetxavya">
    Sad sad sad.
    </quote>

Agreed.

Lol, I have the exact same problem. It's not as if it's the first time Ubisoft have distributed a game through Steam, or indeed that they are short on the money to get it right first time. Very unimpressed.

Same with me. Posted a question with Steam support, but I'm glad to see that this thread is getting atention.

Ubisoft, I've never had a good experience with you and this episode is not helping. Many times in the past your choices of DRM makes people choose to pirate your games rather than the other way around.

It's ridiculous to punish the legal customers with a badly developed system (that will get pirated anyway in no time).

If I had chosen to pirate From Dust, I would've been playing it right now, instead of being on this forum complaining.

After this, I'll find it very hard to buy another Ubisoft game, specially at launch, and considering that in my country games are incredibly expensive.

Thanks Ubisoft.

honestly, come on Ubisoft. I just got this game and had to deal with all this BS.

I've already told all my friends to avoid this game like the plague because of this.

We need working CD keys!

Sameeee. Today i bought it, and then the key steam gave me said was for 'multiplayer' apparently. I went on steam support about the key, and stuff.

Lameeeeeeee. I hope this gets settled soon.

I must say, I was really looking forward to this game, but I am displeased with the service provided so far.

Not only does the game require you to activate it both through steam, and Uplay, it then requires you to be online just to play the game.

All of this on top of the CD-keys not working? I may just be hoping on the bandwagon and asking steam for a refund if this problem is not fixed by the end of the month.

Mistakes happen. I'll be very excited when the error is fixed. it looks like a very fun game! Better brew up some coffee for those ubisoft developers! looks like this might be a long day for them!

ill attempt to be the second to leave a positive comment on this forum haha xD i can understand when mistakes happen and i can also understand mistakes happen frequently on rare occasions, i would like to think ubisoft is just having aweful luck recently and i have high hopes for improvement in the future. In my opinion, the game looks good enough to be worth a bit of a wait even though there was the disapointment of looking forward to play it. Keep us up to date on the fix Ubi!

Yeah I bought it on steam, steam key will not bind. Fix now.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast