Thread: Install Keycode | Forums

Hello, I bought a copy yesterday and after installing and made the register i cannot enter the install keycode. It has a message that the key is incorrect and i cannot bind the account and cannot play. The key has a symbol which is not recognized or i'm not inserting it correctly. For example ....A¯.... Can anyone help or has this happen to anyone?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Welcome to the forums and Silent Hunter 5!

Your official fix for this can be found here:

Error: Binding failed! This key has been used already

If that fails, a community discovered fix has worked for some people as well.

Once you're up and running be sure to head over to SubSim and introduce yourself. You should also take a look at some of the mods available as they fix many issues with the game and bring Silent Hunter 5 into the realm of a playable and enjoyable experience instead of the rough waters you'll start in.

The problem continues. I still have a message of error. "incorrect key...binding failed". The key that came with the cd is:

<span class="ev_code_RED">***EDIT please don't post your key on a public forum***</span>

Good catch BTOG46.

"When you shoot at a destroyer and miss, it's like hit'in a wildcat in the *** with a banjo" by Chief Officer Steward Dogan - USS Gurnard.
    -------------
    SHIV Guide - TMOwTw 2.5 - Shipping Route Maps US & Jap - TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5 - SH4 Manual

Quote Originally Posted by jfalves75 View Post
    Hello, I bought a copy yesterday and after installing and made the register i cannot enter the install keycode. It has a message that the key is incorrect and i cannot bind the account and cannot play. The key has a symbol which is not recognized or i'm not inserting it correctly. For example ....A¯.... Can anyone help or has this happen to anyone?
    Make sure you but the dashes in when entering the code I did this and got the same error. Most games you dont need to well with this one you do.