Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Game not realistic when avoiding destroyers! Needs a patch | Forums

I have been playing career game and got spoted by destroyer in the english channel. Aprox depth 60 meters.
    I dived to 30 meters and ordered silent run. Destroyer pinged me and located me dropping depth chargers. He missed but it was close.
    To avoid further charging I stoped the slow run and dived until the sub hit the bottom at 60 meters. The hull got slightly damaged and I ordered "secure from silent run" to rapair the damage fast. Then I ordered "silent" again and My U boat was sitting on the bottom of the ocean.
    The destroyer still pinged me and located me few times in a roll and blasted me dead with depthchargers!!!!
    How is this possible in real life. There is no way that destroyer can detect a sub laying down on the ocean floor with a PING. Bahahahahaha. An it found me spot on right landing depth chargers on top of me. There is no modern equipment that can detect a huge ship laying down on the bottom, am not talking about small u boat. It took people a year looking for bismarck and they had the exact location of the sunking.

I mean come on dev. team. This stuff ruins the game and hurts my morale playing it. This will need to be fixed in your next patch.

and my other story here:

Listen to this, I preordered this game in march 6th and I just got it today. Ha Ha Ha.

I bought One more on march 17th here at local game store "game Stop" because I could not wait for incopetent ubisoft vendor. So today I whent to return this copy that I got today by fedex and the "game stop" clerk told me that this game "was not impressive" and the price went down already to 29.99.

Personaly I love the game, I play it everyday despite so many bugs in it.

I will never order from Ubisoft anymore. Your local game stop is better option.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I have been playing career game and got spoted by destroyer in the english channel. Aprox depth 60 meters.
    I dived to 30 meters and ordered silent run. Destroyer pinged me and located me dropping depth chargers. He missed but it was close.
    To avoid further charging I stoped the slow run and dived until the sub hit the bottom at 60 meters. The hull got slightly damaged and I ordered "secure from silent run" to rapair the damage fast. Then I ordered "silent" again and My U boat was sitting on the bottom of the ocean.
    The destroyer still pinged me and located me few times in a roll and blasted me dead with depthchargers!!!!
    How is this possible in real life. There is no way that destroyer can detect a sub laying down on the ocean floor with a PING. Bahahahahaha. An it found me spot on right landing depth chargers on top of me. There is no modern equipment that can detect a huge ship laying down on the bottom, am not talking about small u boat. It took people a year looking for bismarck and they had the exact location of the sunking.

I mean come on dev. team. This stuff ruins the game and hurts my morale playing it. This will need to be fixed in your next patch.

and my other story here:

Listen to this, I preordered this game in march 6th and I just got it today. Ha Ha Ha.

I bought One more on march 17th here at local game store "game Stop" because I could not wait for incopetent ubisoft vendor. So today I whent to return this copy that I got today by fedex and the "game stop" clerk told me that this game "was not impressive" and the price went down already to 29.99.

I will never order from Ubisoft anymore. Your local game stop is better option.

Well at 60 meters it may have been possable. Dont get sore about it next time dont stop moving.

I mean I dont have much hands on experience :P but im guessing it would be pretty easy to spot you at 60 meters.

Lets see what other people have to say about it
    Long live RainbowSix 3!

Yep sorry to say they would spot you on the bottom. Sonar would return a strong ping from your metal hull, compared to the sand around which would not "reflect" the sound.

Before jumping on a game you should research more!!

Also these factors gave you away.

<LI>Crashing into the bottom. (this makes a BANG noise)
    <LI>Repairing the damage (spanners clattering ect)

Then sitting still after all this noise. You made the job easy for the destroyer, i bet he was laughing his *** off!!

Now if the water was 150 metres deep and rocky, and he didnt know your area from noises you made, maybe you could have hidden on the bottom.

I hope you have better luck next time!

Well maybe so but Im only at 56 % and evaded a guy and they I finally start moving off I stopped to it was just a corvette or something he is like going directly away form me towards the wounded Cargo 2 AND its 1940 And the skys are grey storm sounds like a song mammas and pappas anywho so I am at silent running and ahead slow crawl and I am cheating with outside camera but it looks so cool ok so they he turns a 180 and comes right over me if I didnt vere a little and as I vere one way he veres the other way no pinging nothing he just .. whatever .. it must be hard to AI how they should act. Like it was exciting to see him come back but dam . he was like 5 whaterver then a 180 .

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hakentt:

and my other story here:

I will never order from Ubisoft anymore. Your local game stop is better option. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well getting pinged is always scary. But like someone said you should find out facts before declaring it a bug.

I asked about being Pinged, if it meant they knew where you were and was told no, they roughly know your direction and if they are getting closer so they can work out your position. Staying still is sometimes creating a sitting duck if they are already pinging you.

If you use the hydrophone your kinda understand how the ping works. They send it out, it gets reflected. They work out how long it takes to come back so work out if your far or near. You keep pinging to work out if your getting closer.

If your at a certain angle the ping won't reflect so they'll lose the signal. What you do, well I do, is go to silent running. Go deep as you can without getting crushed. Then when you hear them getting really close (the pings will get loader and faster) and if your told charges are in the water, then sod silent running and go full ahead. If I hear the ship near me, I quickly turn left or right. Knowing he'll drop his charges, but by the time they reach me, I'll have moved out the way. You could also try rising above the depth your at when they drop the charges. Why? Well if they were pinging you still when dropping the charges, then they have worked out your depth and set the charges so. So if you rise above that depth, then your past the charges and they should blow below you. Its like what happens in Hunt For Red October when he stears into the torps, he closes the distance so they don't have time to arm themselfs so just break up when they hit him.

Bare with it, its not a bug, its just hard to get away. Stay, quite, stay low, keep moving, zig, zaging even and your get away. Remember they might not know your there, but they'll remember where you were so will circle for a while looking for you, hoping they can pick something up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Timber...wolf:
    Well maybe so but Im only at 56 % and evaded a guy and they I finally start moving off I stopped to it was just a corvette or something he is like going directly away form me towards the wounded Cargo 2 AND its 1940 And the skys are grey storm sounds like a song mammas and pappas anywho so I am at silent running and ahead slow crawl and I am cheating with outside camera but it looks so cool ok so they he turns a 180 and comes right over me if I didnt vere a little and as I vere one way he veres the other way no pinging nothing he just .. whatever .. it must be hard to AI how they should act. Like it was exciting to see him come back but dam . he was like 5 whaterver then a 180 . <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He heard you on his hydrophones. You went too fast!! They have the same hydrophone system you have, trust me the ai in this game is top notch. It doesnt cheat apart from when you use very fast time compression. So be carefull with time compression.

I would agree, Comparing the Bismark battleship wrecks depth to the 60 meters you were at is a cake walk. The Bismark is sitting under the Atlantic at 4500 meters!

The ability to turn and manuver is your best bet, if the destroyer turned and detected the profile of your U-boat, you just became an easy target.

Stoping is one thing, not moving is quite another.
    =696th= Pinpoint CO
    =696th= Wolfpack
    http://www.Skywarriors.net

The Uboat Commanders Handbook warns of the dangers of trying to hide on the bottom. It says that it works sometimes, but is a very risky tactic.

Leaking oil can give away your position very easily.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

"Nietzsche is boring and stupid." - Leo Tolstoy

BTW: Red October was a movie.....
    In real life I would wager it would take you quite some time to get a 35,000lbs sub from 0 to enough speed to close the gap between a unarmed torpedo

But sitting on the bottom waiting is bad. If they are making passes keep moving....
    Pings work better on objects that don't move
    once you get a rough estimate of location and depth. The charges will tear you apart. Going flank is better than sitting still, especialy at the bottom.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast