Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Movies that remind you of FC2 | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Outpost App [UK]

This is the thread where u can suggest movies that are on a topic or on a subject that reminds u of FC2 or gets u in the mood.

my 3 obvious suggestions -

1) BLOOD DIAMOND - no reason to explain why this movie, set in africa and talks about the conflict diamonds is so reminiscent of the FC2 atmosphere.

2) APOCALYPSE NOW - the second obvious choise. not that it is set in africa but the chase after general Kurts as the unreachable mystery man is somewhat a lot like the chase after the jackal. also the jungle theme (vietnam) is somewhat similar. not to mention that the book "heart of darkness" does talk about congo and africa.

3) LORD OF WAR - the movie is taking a look on the opposite side of the sotry of FC2 as nicolas cage is the weapon dealer himself here. an interesting movie, IMO, though a bit anti0-climatic.

what are your suggestions for movies (or even books, TV shows or documentary movies as well!)?
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    A Difficulty setting maker for Assassin's creed 2:
    http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t...4/m/3621035448

MY RIG: Q6600, 2GB ram, HD4870 512mb, win XP

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

John Rambo, in a quirky way. Honestly, just add Stallone and maybe the gory dismemberments of Soldier of Fortune, it could easily be a game based on another Rambo movie.

Originally posted by EvilWraith:
    John Rambo, in a quirky way. Honestly, just add Stallone and maybe the gory dismemberments of Soldier of Fortune, it could easily be a game based on another Rambo movie.
    4) RAMBO - in a way some of the rambo movies might actually fit in some way.

but SOF is a game. lets keep games out of the discussion. besides FC2 is not about the gore. it has some but it's not a staple of the game.

5) THE EMPIRE IN AFRICA - not for the faint of heart. a harsh documentary on the civil war in Africa. a powerful movie with a lot of very graphic sights.

Of course: Yojimbo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yojimbo_(film))

The developers stated that they were influenced by it and as much as we know so far about the story/task of FC2, i think its safe to assume that they were influenced quite a lot.

The movie is from the well known Akira Kurosawa and i think it is very disappointing that the developers haven't seen one of his other great movies and taken it as a guideline too.
    Because everyone can clearly see that http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Samurai is a homage to the assault mode of FarCry.. ..feel the wisdom and follow that path UBI..!

interesting reference, flyingtom. i didnt know the main idea was from yujimbo. maybe i should take a look at it.

6) CRY FREETOWN - another documentary about the civil war in africa. considered more educated than "empire in africa".

Originally posted by adarwinter:
    SOF is a game. lets keep games out of the discussion. besides FC2 is not about the gore. it has some but it's not a staple of the game.
    I didn't mention SoF in order to compare it with FC2 but because it sports the amount of gore which FC2 would need to be a full-fledged Rambo-game, at least looking at the last movie. I very much prefer the not even near as gory original First Blood, though.

@Yojinbo (or the western ****erpart Fistful of Dollars): Right you are, I totally forgot about that - Shame on me, for I am actually an absolute J-movie fanatic.

@Africa Addio: I just dont know what to think of mondo movies. Most of them are just sensational exploitation put into a pseudo-documentary disguise. I loved Cannibal Holocaust and stuff when I was younger but now I'm an aspirant filmmaker myself and honestly spoken, I just feel to old for this ****. I must admit, though, that Africa Addio was a far cry (no pun intended ) from that 80s cannibal crap.

tears of the sun...only the atmosphere...not the fact that there navy seals

You can't compare cra*p like Cannibal Holocaust with Africa Addio.

I know this is off topic and adarwinter will go nuts.lol But I'm getting this game because in some way it kind of remind me of SOF without the gore. I'm a huge SOF fan, sorry.
    Don't confuse your rank with my shooting skill. Move it before I put a cap in your ***!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast