Thread: rainbow six lockdown problem with windows 7 and starforce | Forums

rainbow six lockdown will not play on windows 7 because starforce is not compatible with windows 7. I have tried to update starforce to version 5.7 but it still blocks it because of compatibility issues. can anyone help with this?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

rainbow six lockdown will not play on windows 7 because starforce is not compatible with windows 7. I have tried to update starforce to version 5.7 but it still blocks it because of compatibility issues. can anyone help with this?

I think you're in the wrong forum dude.

Try searching online for a mod that initiates Windows 7 compatibility. If you can't find one, you should consider asking Ubisoft support, if they decide to respond.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mobman2010:
    No youre on the right place. These lame arsses wont help so ill help you. I have the same problem since ubisoft bought red storm entertainment it was the end for rvs gamers they didnt patch anymore and if ur on a new operations system like Win Xp pro X64bit,Win vista/7 64bit so any 64 bit system the 1.6 patch wont launch or crashes while installing and some major registry values werent installed correctly so what i did is installed the game on VMware on a 32-bit Os Win xp and copyed all the files+registrey keys(quite alot for a old game)to my 64-bit Os and it Works. Always any help for oldskool Rvs gamers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Ps: this is For Raven Shield but this work for any old game

There is a solution to this problem, but it's a bit odd and simple. Buy the newest raibow six lockdown dvd. That will have version 1.02, higher than the latest patch, witch is 1.01. This version has no starforce protection, and will therefore run on windows 7 without a problem. You still need the provided key to play online (multiplayer co-op is the best with this game). This is how I solved the problem.

Easy fix for me. Went to gamecopyworld.com and downloaded the No-DVD/Fixed EXE file and replaced the original Lockdown.exe file. Working fine and now I don't have to throw my game in the trash.