Thread: Securom: Can anyone help? | Forums

I can't believe this ****. Never had a problem before, installed new stick, clicked the icon, and the disc can't be found. It doesn't even appear in the drive.

"If you can find the disc in your Windows™ Explorer, there could be a software conflict.
    A possible cause might be a CD/DVD burning software (e.g. Sonic DLA, Stomp RecordNow Max, ™) which uses the DLA (drive letter access) technology. You can disable DLA following these steps:
    Click Windows™ 'Start' and select 'Run'
    Type 'cmd' to get the command prompt and hit Enter/OK
    Type 'dla disable e:' where 'e:' is the drive's assigned letter
    If the problem persists, or you need additional assistance, please send a SecuROM™ analysis file to support@securom.com (see Support Info section on how to prepare and send an analysis file)."

This doesn't work either as it doesn't recognize dla as a command - I just cannot believe this garbage. Been looking forward to flying again for 2 months, finish University for Christmas, get a stick, never had a problem with this securom bull**** and here we go...

Also why does IL-2 take FOREVER to uninstall?

Any help appreciated, Wolfman.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Top of the forum page where the sticky's are, first topic... did you try that?

Otherwise contact a Moderator in a P.M. for help.
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ Black Edition, Foxconn nForce 590 SLI, 4x OCZ 2048MB EPP DDR2-800, 2x Club3D GeForce 8800GT 512MB, Be-Quiet 700 Watt Straight Power, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Originally posted by wolfman71971:
    I can't believe this ****. Never had a problem before, installed new stick, clicked the icon, and the disc can't be found. It doesn't even appear in the drive.

"If you can find the disc in your Windows™ Explorer, there could be a software conflict.
    A possible cause might be a CD/DVD burning software (e.g. Sonic DLA, Stomp RecordNow Max, ™) which uses the DLA (drive letter access) technology. You can disable DLA following these steps:
    Click Windows™ 'Start' and select 'Run'
    Type 'cmd' to get the command prompt and hit Enter/OK
    Type 'dla disable e:' where 'e:' is the drive's assigned letter
    If the problem persists, or you need additional assistance, please send a SecuROM™ analysis file to support@securom.com (see Support Info section on how to prepare and send an analysis file)."

This doesn't work either as it doesn't recognize dla as a command - I just cannot believe this garbage. Been looking forward to flying again for 2 months, finish University for Christmas, get a stick, never had a problem with this securom bull**** and here we go...

Also why does IL-2 take FOREVER to uninstall?

Any help appreciated, Wolfman.
    from the likes of things,
    You might have secuRom software from another game you've played in the past. I read a little blurp about it, and it mentions the fact that it doesn't automatically uninstall with the removal of the game so you might have a conflict their.
    It mentions there are SecuROM removal tools available so you can remove the software that is interfering with your install/game.

The other thing that came to mind is that the software is used as a way to curb copyright infringmint so possibly this DVD is a copy and not the original?? Forgive me if i'm wrong. i would first see if you can find a removal tool to rid the SecuRom software and then maybe you can get it going.

EDIT: just noticed the first sticky and that might be what you need.

Bill