Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rainbow 6 Patriots - Updated Feature List (Multiplayer) updated 12-1-2011 | Forums

Originally posted by Dcopymope:
    Well, you have to play it online to see for yourself, if you can even find anybody to play with that is. I think common sense should tell you why people think the cover system in Vegas is a pain in the *** on multiplayer. It quite simply encourages cheating, if they can see you then you should be able to see them, but this isn't the case. Someone who is behind cover can magically see around or over the object in question, so when an enemy is lined up on your target reticle, you just pop out from behind cover, shoot him in the head and return to cover and wait for next enemy to do the same. This has happened to me far too many times and it gets really irritating. Its some of the cheapest half assed gameplay I've seen in any game. I'm not expecting this to change in Patriots going by what they are saying about it, regardless of the cover system shown in the target footage, which is what the cover system should be.
    I see, but someone in cover he is watching his side, so anyone can come up from behind and take him out right ?!, why would someone place himself in such a danger ?!

Its too early to say whether or not it having "built in limits" is a good sign, these are just words at this stage. However, looking at how you can automatically see through walls in GRFS, I'm betting those "built in limits" will only be the gadgets range or field of view, which for Rainbow Six won't mean much since the combat is essentially close quarters.
    According to Kotaku too, there is a time limit, so you won't be able to just turn it on and keep on rolling, how is that gonna work is yet to be seen

Share your ideas with me on SC6 "if you love Conviction" Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
    Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Originally posted by sameer_monier: I see, but someone in cover he is watching his side, so anyone can come up from behind and take him out right ?!, why would someone place himself in such a danger ?!
    So its the fault of the guy on the receiving end if he can't help but get shot by a punk camping behind cover? If all flanks are covered with such campers, then there isn't much you'll be able to do about it.

Originally posted by sameer_monier: According to Kotaku too, there is a time limit, so you won't be able to just turn it on and keep on rolling, how is that gonna work is yet to be seen
    After I played Crysis 2 with its gay *** cheap cloaking device, a time limit isn't making me anymore optimistic. In fact, the cloaking device was the sole reason for me not buying that game. I would rather this X-ray vision not be in the game at all until I see some gameplay that would change my mind, however unlikely that would be.

Originally posted by Dcopymope:
    So its the fault of the guy on the receiving end if he can't help but get shot by a punk camping behind cover? If all flanks are covered with such campers, then there isn't much you'll be able to do about it.
    I think I understand your pain, I guess this is way they included the "Instinct Icon", so that is someone is in cover and aiming at you, you would know, not the best solution I know

After I played Crysis 2 with its gay *** cheap cloaking device, a time limit isn't making me anymore optimistic. In fact, the cloaking device was the sole reason for me not buying that game. I would rather this X-ray vision not be in the game at all until I see some gameplay that would change my mind, however unlikely that would be.
    Just to get you right, you don't like the Scanners cause it is not realistic right ?!, at least in SP, since in MP it may indeed be not so good, but in SP even though it is unrealistic it may add a tactical layer in terms of observing, planning, and making your tactic to how to approach a certain place by knowing all entering and exits

Share your ideas with me on SC6 "if you love Conviction" Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
    Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube

Originally posted by sameer_monier:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dcopymope:
    I think I understand your pain, I guess this is way they included the "Instinct Icon", so that is someone is in cover and aiming at you, you would know, not the best solution I know

Just to get you right, you don't like the Scanners cause it is not realistic right ?!, at least in SP, since in MP it may indeed be not so good, but in SP even though it is unrealistic it may add a tactical layer in terms of observing, planning, and making your tactic to how to approach a certain place by knowing all entering and exits </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like I said, I'll wait for gameplay footage before making final judgement. The X-Ray vision in Patriots most likely won't even be the same as the scanner from Vegas looking at the way they describe it. I never cared for the scanner anyway, it only made the game easier than it already was because you magically know where everyone is. So far, the only things that I can say positive about Patriots is the promised A.I improvements, the promised improvements to the weapons and the Sandtable, pretty much everything else about this game in relation to gameplay is sounding like a total turd.

Originally posted by Pest_AWC:
    Some new info gathered from new Kotaku article:

http://kotaku.com/5862914/tact...-rainbow-6-patriots/

I also gathered some info through email from someone at the MP demo but I cannot name that source at this time.

It is a shame, but it sounds like we will have 3rd person magical cover view and health regen again. We will also have a new cheat called "Instinct Icon" that tells you someone can see you.

If there is no built in "High Stakes" mode this time that will get rid of 3rd person, health regen, and the new "Instinct Icon" cheats, I am afraid my gaming group will have nothing to do with this unrealistic game.
    Do you have any info about the graphics of the game (realistic look with Anvil Engine) ?

First i thought that the target video was also made with the Anvil Engine. But after reading all the previews i highly doubt that.

Sure, gameplay is way more important and those "cheats" you mentioned are really worrying.

It seems that xray vision is a key element in todays Ubisoft TC shooters.

Nevertheless my hopes are still up as Mr Sears should be able to deliver high intense one-life only game modes (as in Socom 1/2).

The world premiere at Spike VGA could be the the demo that was shown to the press i guess.

Originally posted by FuchsXSX:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pest_AWC:
    Some new info gathered from new Kotaku article:

http://kotaku.com/5862914/tact...-rainbow-6-patriots/

I also gathered some info through email from someone at the MP demo but I cannot name that source at this time.

It is a shame, but it sounds like we will have 3rd person magical cover view and health regen again. We will also have a new cheat called "Instinct Icon" that tells you someone can see you.

If there is no built in "High Stakes" mode this time that will get rid of 3rd person, health regen, and the new "Instinct Icon" cheats, I am afraid my gaming group will have nothing to do with this unrealistic game.
    Do you have any info about the graphics of the game (realistic look with Anvil Engine) ?

First i thought that the target video was also made with the Anvil Engine. But after reading all the previews i highly doubt that.

Sure, gameplay is way more important and those "cheats" you mentioned are really worrying.

It seems that xray vision is a key element in todays Ubisoft TC shooters.

Nevertheless my hopes are still up as Mr Sears should be able to deliver high intense one-life only game modes (as in Socom 1/2).

The world premiere at Spike VGA could be the the demo that was shown to the press i guess. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The more I hear about this game, the more it makes me wonder just how much input Mr. Sears and Red Storm for that matter really has in its development.

It's pretty clear to me that the Developers have no idea what they are doing. Sounds like they had a brainstorming session: what ideas would be cool for a first person shooter. Unfortunately none of them involved a tactical shooter. They should be asking themselves how can we make a better tactical shooter, not how can we implement stupid rope stuff that 95% of the time someone won't be using. Are all these developers right out of school with zero experience.

Originally posted by StealthR1:
    Are all these developers right out of school with zero experience.
    Funny you should mention that!!!

Of the 200 people confirmed to be working on Patriots, I would imagine a high percentage of them are students at UBI's University right there in Montreal.

As a matter of fact, Patriot's Creative Director David Sears is an instructor there!

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dir/David/Sears

I wonder if Patriots is just a class project?

I have no idea where else to post this so I'll do it here.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/12...be-same-as-consoles/

It look like there will indeed be a pc version.

Pretty sweet topic you got going on. Thanks for keeping it updated.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast