Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rainbow 6 Patriots - Updated Feature List (Multiplayer) updated 12-1-2011 | Forums

Originally posted by Soulid_Snake:
    You may like this link:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/...-to-multiplayer.aspx
    Sounds like they might be overpowering the rappelling. It's going to be like "Rainbow Six: Monkey Zoo" if they let ppl jump off with ropes and climbing faster than an lemur.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

@RB6-geek
    Sounds like they might be overpowering the rappelling. It's going to be like "Rainbow Six: Monkey Zoo" if they let ppl jump off with ropes and climbing faster than an lemur.
    Actually they might be balancing it out now...they said that Rapelling would be intelligently used..giving smart players access to infiltration routes and breaching areas where they can reach advantageous position but at the same time have the ability to return fire (when moving down) and move faster overall. The Verticality of the maps was also commented upon in another interview. Since this game is about a CT team I think Rappel should be included more.

But don't count on the climb animation to be slow....Sear's said that it was made as fast as an "Elite" soldier could climb, at the peak of physical conditioning. SO it's going to be pretty fast.

I'm Batman

Sig: Jazz117Volkov

I'm glad they are discussing the game so early but they need to give us some real info. I don't want to hear about rappelling. I want to hear about the cover system and other mechanics like aiming, the game breaking stuff. Is the rappel seriously going to be the cloak of R6? They shouldn't overly push something that nobody really cares about like they did with GR. Also, rappelling in the Vegas games was already as fast or faster than one would normally move. I know its negative but it seems like they are already trying to brainwash us into believing this game is rightfully called R6 with the "this is why" talk about the rappelling. Ubi did the same thing with SCC and GRFS. This tells me that they are moving even more away from the core of R6.

I've updated the list based on the recent Q&A Podcast on GameInformer.

Overall, I was really disapointed in the vague answers to most of the questions.

I was glad to hear that there should be a way to restrict private matches so that team uniforms will match color/camo pattern.

I will have to see if melee attacks are good or bad in an R6 game.

I was really disapointed that they dodged the question about there being a map editor by saying that it will have user created content because people can use the sandtable to strategize. That was a really lame way to tell us we are stuck with whatever dozen maps they give us and it will be another bargain bin game in a few months.

I was also disapointed that they wouldn't elaborate more on how much the 3rd person will allow you to magically see over walls without being seen. They are trying to force people to use this "cheat" by giving the player a completely UNREALISTIC advantage.

Some new info gathered from new Kotaku article:

http://kotaku.com/5862914/tact...-rainbow-6-patriots/

I also gathered some info through email from someone at the MP demo but I cannot name that source at this time.

It is a shame, but it sounds like we will have 3rd person magical cover view and health regen again. We will also have a new cheat called "Instinct Icon" that tells you someone can see you.

If there is no built in "High Stakes" mode this time that will get rid of 3rd person, health regen, and the new "Instinct Icon" cheats, I am afraid my gaming group will have nothing to do with this unrealistic game.

First of all, thanks Pest_AWC for creating such a thread with many info, and collecting them as soon as possible

Now regarding your questions, from my point of view

1) Will there be "High Stakes Mode" to get rid of health regen, magical 3rd person cover, and those new "Instinct Icon" cheats?

-- I don't think so, Cause in GRFS the same question was asked about a "Hardcore Mode", yet the Devs denied the existence of such a mode

2) Will there be a Map Editor to create custom maps instead of being stuck with 10 or so MP maps forever? (I don't count DLC with single player maps turned into MP and lighting changes as UBI creating new map packs)

-- I also don't think so, this will probably be in FarCry 3, since it had Map Editor before, I think Ubi is scattering it's things, GRFS -- Co-Op, R6P -- Squad Control, FC3 -- Map Editor

These are my opinion nothing for sure, I will check the article of Kotaku and IGN then share what I think

R6P will probably be my first Rainbow Six game, I am kinda excited about it, and I respect the wishes of the hardcore fans for realistic experience, I see there are alot of cool things, yet I have my doubts about Scanner too, yet more to be seen, I like the whole Melee system which is said to facilitate stealth approach, and there is Squad Control in MP where you can share with teammates what needs to be done

Now regarding the TPS cover what is the problem ?!, I played Uncharted 3 beta, and taking cover wasn't that cool, anyone can come from behind you and kill you, also there was only one map where we took cover, but we were 4 men, 2 of us cover doors using cover, and the other 2 covering our backs, it required team work to keep our position, I don't know how Vegas worked, could someone explain if it was that difficult to deal with people behind cover ?!, aside from being unrealistic

Edit: according to IGN article " being able to perceive everything with your new vision mode would be too easy, so Ubisoft is going to make sure you still have difficulty doing what you want. This new ability of yours will have built-in limits - you won't always be able to rely on it. " I think that's a good sign

Share your ideas with me on SC6 "if you love Conviction" Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
    Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube

Originally posted by Pest_AWC:

I also gathered some info through email from someone at the MP demo but I cannot name that source at this time.

It is a shame, but it sounds like we will have 3rd person magical cover view and health regen again. We will also have a new cheat called "Instinct Icon" that tells you someone can see you.

If there is no built in "High Stakes" mode this time that will get rid of 3rd person, health regen, and the new "Instinct Icon" cheats, I am afraid my gaming group will have nothing to do with this unrealistic game.
    They got to be joking... "Instinct Icon"??? That is the most lame thing I've heard of in a multiplayer game. How would this encourage stealthy play?...it wouldn't. My philosphy is that if you allow yourself to get sneaked up on, then you deserve to get shot in the back. This is even worst than GPS. Why must the devs of today insist that gamers need these crutches???

Tell you another thing, that x-ray vision better not be in the multiplayer mode. If they make us play with all of this crap on multiplayer, then I'm not buying this game.

Originally posted by sameer_monier:
    First of all, thanks Pest_AWC for creating such a thread with many info, and collecting them as soon as possible

Now regarding your questions, from my point of view

1) Will there be "High Stakes Mode" to get rid of health regen, magical 3rd person cover, and those new "Instinct Icon" cheats?

-- I don't think so, Cause in GRFS the same question was asked about a "Hardcore Mode", yet the Devs denied the existence of such a mode

2) Will there be a Map Editor to create custom maps instead of being stuck with 10 or so MP maps forever? (I don't count DLC with single player maps turned into MP and lighting changes as UBI creating new map packs)

-- I also don't think so, this will probably be in FarCry 3, since it had Map Editor before, I think Ubi is scattering it's things, GRFS -- Co-Op, R6P -- Squad Control, FC3 -- Map Editor

These are my opinion nothing for sure, I will check the article of Kotaku and IGN then share what I think

R6P will probably be my first Rainbow Six game, I am kinda excited about it, and I respect the wishes of the hardcore fans for realistic experience, I see there are alot of cool things, yet I have my doubts about Scanner too, yet more to be seen, I like the whole Melee system which is said to facilitate stealth approach, and there is Squad Control in MP where you can share with teammates what needs to be done

Now regarding the TPS cover what is the problem ?!, I played Uncharted 3 beta, and taking cover wasn't that cool, anyone can come from behind you and kill you, also there was only one map where we took cover, but we were 4 men, 2 of us cover doors using cover, and the other 2 covering our backs, it required team work to keep our position, I don't know how Vegas worked, could someone explain if it was that difficult to deal with people behind cover ?!, aside from being unrealistic
    Well, you have to play it online to see for yourself, if you can even find anybody to play with that is. I think common sense should tell you why people think the cover system in Vegas is a pain in the *** on multiplayer. It quite simply encourages cheating, if they can see you then you should be able to see them, but this isn't the case. Someone who is behind cover can magically see around or over the object in question, so when an enemy is lined up on your target reticle, you just pop out from behind cover, shoot him in the head and return to cover and wait for next enemy to do the same. This has happened to me far too many times and it gets really irritating. Its some of the cheapest half assed gameplay I've seen in any game. I'm not expecting this to change in Patriots going by what they are saying about it, regardless of the cover system shown in the target footage, which is what the cover system should be.

Edit: according to IGN article " being able to perceive everything with your new vision mode would be too easy, so Ubisoft is going to make sure you still have difficulty doing what you want. This new ability of yours will have built-in limits - you won't always be able to rely on it. " I think that's a good sign
    Its too early to say whether or not it having "built in limits" is a good sign, these are just words at this stage. However, looking at how you can automatically see through walls in GRFS, I'm betting those "built in limits" will only be the gadgets range or field of view, which for Rainbow Six won't mean much since the combat is essentially close quarters.

Originally posted by Pest_AWC:

Yeah, same here. WTF have they done to the series??
    --------------------------------------------------
    "I'm not a tuxedo kind of guy." -Sam Fisher
    "But, but you are... some kind of spy!" -Displace executive
    "Yeah, I'm the REAL kind, not the tuxedo kind." -Sam Fisher

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast