Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Rainbow 6 Patriots - Updated Feature List (Multiplayer) updated 12-1-2011 | Forums

The ONLY possible way instinct icon COULD POSSIBLY work is if it was only for marksmen/snipers like if you're in the scope view and just a brief flash. Still, very skeptical imo. But who knows, show us some stuff and we'll respond and Ubi'll probably change it, *cough, GRFS, *cough *cough
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Another big question that needs answered is the subject of dedicated servers (PC). Real ones, not the junk they released for Vegas/Vegas 2. Actually they released community made ones for Vegas as their own.

i got a mp question 2 ask . will there be a beta. this will help us loyal fans help ubi make this better than call of duty. or as i call it sped of duty

Melee? Well that will be interesting, I really don't mind melee. I actually like melee in some games like CS and DOD. Melee in those games had some kind of prestige because it was harder to get a melee kill then to just shoot them, it's a "you just got owned" type of kill. COD kinda ruined that, making it way to easy to just run around knifing people. So as long as the melee is a challenge then I don't mind. Not sure how realistic it is though.

Quote Originally Posted by paardezak View Post
    I agree totally....
    Same here......Just two questions on the scanner How big is the scanner at a TSA check point and is it REALLY man portable?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulid_Snake View Post
    I think the cover system in R6V2 sucks who really does this on a elite team? Or did we forget that part in this series? ...I prefer the lean option. Match making sucks too. I know what servers I want to be on. I don't need a program making decisions for me. What was wrong with the old way (Rogue Spear) of starting a match? BTW I like to know what ping the server has and I have. Ranking system does nothing but enable the people that spend every waking hour playing to be more powerful and not more skilled. I'm not sure but, the Commander Follower option seems to make the game easy for noobs..what happened to learning the map? Sitting and waiting to be matched will get old after like 5 times. People want to shoot stuff not play "virtual dolls" not to mention the amount of CPU/ GPU time it takes to render the individual idiosyncrasies of each character. Just because a feature seems cool to you, it may not be to other gamers. I think the first game maker that produces a updated throwback game will be very successful. If it is not broke do not fix it.
    Last edited by FirstRock503; 01-25-2012 at 02:58 AM.

All sounds good to me,but as far as fixed spawn if the server host wants he can just balance the teams to suit himself Example: host and maybe 2 other good players and they only get the kills! They just destroy the other side with silly high scores for me this is no fun and a form of cheating.I have been playing random respawn now for over 2 years which is way better more fun and fairer for all.
    Ubisoft in a fixed spawn instance should have an auto rebalance system in place to stop this strategic camp crap from happening..

Quote Originally Posted by sonoblink View Post
    All sounds good to me,but as far as fixed spawn if the server host wants he can just balance the teams to suit himself Example: host and maybe 2 other good players and they only get the kills! They just destroy the other side with silly high scores for me this is no fun and a form of cheating.I have been playing random respawn now for over 2 years which is way better more fun and fairer for all.
    Ubisoft in a fixed spawn instance should have an auto rebalance system in place to stop this strategic camp crap from happening..
    First, if a server gets a reputation of stacking sides and allowing that type of raping to occur then people won't play on that server. As long as we aren't auto-assigned a server and have the freedom to choose then bad server admins won't get repeat players. Problem solves itself.

Second, respawns of any type completely take away from what makes it a "Rainbow Six" game whether fixed respawn points or mutliple. That's a COD/Battlefield/HALO game. Those other games justify respawns as "troop reinforcements". Rainbow Six was always about what could be done with a small fixed group of elite soldiers with no "reinformcements". That's what the books were, and that's what the original 3 games were. For "Rainbow Six" fans, the enjoyment comes from knowing doing something stupid and not playing as a team means you sit on death cam for the remaining few minutes of the round. It's about the thrill of being the one guy remaining that takes out 3 remaining opposing players or completes the objective to get a victory for that round.

All of this talk of "respawns", "magical health regen" and "magical 3rd person cover view" still makes me sick. It's a shame UBI caved to the unrealistic game fans when they had realistic FPS all to themselves.

You again ffs its been years since those games move on man.Go play chess or something and let us guys enjoy rb6 patriots without people like you always ***in complaining.No two games are the same fact.
    With improvements there's always a little change like it or not "grow up your like a stuck record player^^

Quote Originally Posted by sonoblink View Post
    You again ffs its been years since those games move on man.Go play chess or something and let us guys enjoy rb6 patriots without people like you always ***in complaining.No two games are the same fact.
    With improvements there's always a little change like it or not "grow up your like a stuck record player^^
    Wow, really? He's making a valid point. From what I've seen RB6P looks very promising but Pest has a good point. Games (Tom Clancy games) have lacked the realism, the depth, the complexity to try to sell to a new market, thus overlooking (perhaps not caring about) their original hardcore fanbase.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast