View Poll Results: Should ubisoft make an 'IDEAS' forums?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 90.00%
  • No

1 10.00%

Thread: Should ubisoft make an 'IDEAS' forums? | Forums

Should ubisoft make an 'IDEAS' forums?

I think there should be a forum where fans can give ideas about future games and franchises, not just the present ones. I ubisoft know what type of game we want them to make without making a game and seeing what we want from a sequal then they should do this. I bet if they had a forum like this, it would be buzzing and Ubisoft would read it.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Yes. Even though they won't, since it might go against their rules and regulations regarding royalties on "ideas and copyrights". It would be a good gauge for what gamers are looking for however, so I say YES!
    --------------
    Driver SF2, include: Everything from DSF and... More freedom to explore: Open Parking Lots, Offroad hills, forests, bring us into a Rural Setting, customizable options, lots of RAMPS again and corkscrew wooden bridges across ponds, Sportbikes too. And please lose the lame roadside rails, so we can REALLY go off road and fly off without hitting invisible walls.

I think Ubsoft should and shouldn't make a forum because it gives ideas to other companies but it helps. I have a good idea myself but it is to long to put in this one message if Ubsoft sees this please contact me at my email.

Well it would be nice to have a seperate sub-forum for ideas, but we already have a wishlist, albeit some ~30 pages long, so its easy for ideas to get missed/forgotten. I was working on a website to compile them but I keep feeling - whats the point?

Half the wishes have to do with on foot. And would they even look at it? Hopefully some game developers would look at it, even if its not the intended one.
    DRIVER 6 - my wishlist - Unlicensed Vehicles, Real-Time Car Damage, Car Flipping and Roll-Overs, On Foot AND Shift, Guns, No Invisible Walls, Able to drive of cliffs, jump fences etc, Performance Upgrades, Car Creator basic example, Set up Ramps and Stunts in shift mode, Reduce Framerate to 30fps and add back all the stuff you had to take out, Please and Thank You!!!

Originally posted by bradddude97:
    I think Ubsoft should and shouldn't make a forum because it gives ideas to other companies but it helps. I have a good idea myself but it is to long to put in this one message if Ubsoft sees this please contact me at my email.

I would have said no, because we've already got the wishlist thread and I never go in there since it's so unstructured and chaotic, but then I started thinking- If they went all out with the sub-forum, breaking it down into categories such as story, characters, vehicle selection, era, and all kinds of little game mechanic threads, then all suggestions would be organised and easy to find.

Not only that, but it would be a pinch for a Dev team to use it to ask the community directly what they think about a detail of an upcoming game they weren't sure about, no matter how small. Take for instance the glowing light trails- if people didn't speak out as much as they did nobody at Reflections would have known how much it was disliked. They could avoid the risk by having a 'trailer feedback' thread for people to post in or something like that.

Best of all though, they could have a thread for weekly debates- as an example they have a post saying 'what era should the next Driver be in', and sit back and let everyone plead their case on where and when would work best for future Drivers.

Even without video or screenshot updates of the game, we'd still always have something to be talking about, and all Reflections/Ubisoft has to do (once the forum is set up) is to write a few lines, ending with the word Discuss.
    What the next DRIVER needs: Tighter, narrower streets for slower, more responsive cars as seen in D1,2,3. More 70s feel, possibly the entire game's setting. Keep 88mph top speed as the norm, with only bonus supercars going beyond. Get rid of Burnout as the default acceleration. Unlicensed Vehicles- so that they can be destroyed with explosions. On foot returning, with a version of shift as an unlockable. Weapons, with FPS controls like D3, only more polished. Hubcaps. Car underside pouncing. Offroad areas without invisible walls. All previous driver game cheats return plus a few surprises. All camera angles in D1 Film Director returning. Completely overhauled multiplayer, with virtually no 'boosting'. Finally, ability to play multiplayer offline,and with bots.

Failing that, D1 and 2 as fully emulated games unlockable within Driver 6.