Thread: GameStop pre-order bonus: TWO exclusive in-game swords! | Forums

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalo...spx?product_id=75468

Scroll down to find details and pictures of the two swords. That's a great incentive to pre-order if you ask me!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hope it's in Sweden to!
    ---------
    Your internet connection is not working, what do you want to do?
    "Search for a solution online"

Saw one of these things before but pre-ordering wasn't nessecary 'cause you could find the code on the internet (from cheatplanet and such), wonder if that's the case here?

Plus it says "Pre-order ships 11-10-2009! Wtf?
    ---------

maybe ubisoft lied and are actually giving us the game 11-10-09

Originally posted by Fender0:
    Saw one of these things before but pre-ordering wasn't nessecary 'cause you could find the code on the internet (from cheatplanet and such), wonder if that's the case here?

Plus it says "Pre-order ships 11-10-2009! Wtf?
    the way they're saying it:

"Online Customers: A code and instructions to unlock exclusive in-game swords will be emailed when the game releases.

Store / In-Store Pickup Customers: A pre-order card containing a code and instructions to unlock exclusive in-game swords will be available at time of game pick-up."

this makes it sound like it's some kind of DLC which would SUCK! I'm tired of game companies forcing me to buy games from a specific retailer just to get the whole game! why are so many companies doing this! they're basically helping the single worst retailer (the one that is openly ripping of their customers) get a monopoly on the industry! and looks what it's brought us! Gamecrazy is closing 200 stores! and will probably close completely in time! why is Ubisoft doing this! I could understand if other retailers were to have the same deal but I haven't seen any that have it yet so I'm guessing it's another Gamestop exclusive.

the only way they could redeem themselves would be if the code was in fact a simple code that isn't special to each individual game and could be shared so that we could actually buy it from other retailers without having to worry about whether were going to get the full game. until that can be confirmed then I'm disappointed.

It's sunday and they haven't updated!
    ---------

thats a pretty sweet looking sword

Just did my preorder today! The rep said that it is definitly two codes that will be given to anyone who preorders. After seeing those exclusive katana's, I couldn't pass it up! I do think that instead of two katanas it should have been a one new gun and one katana to balance it out. either way I am not complaining. Gamestop site id wrong. It is not shipping in November. I asked the rep and he validated a 2010 release. He also talked to me like I was a red steel noob. C'mon, who does he think he is talkin to? I'm Sayajin4us, a proud member of the RS2 blog dojo. We know more about th egame than even the developers ttyl gang

You would think that Gamestop would correct the release date, especially this close to November. I guess they are too busy getting ready to rake in the money next month to care.