Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Modern weapons or all futuristic? | Forums

do you think that ubi will put in all futuristic weapons or do you think they will put in modern day guns like the M4 , SA-80 n AK-47, basically,put all the guns that were in ghost recon 2 in GR3. I hope they do , as I think playin with guns that are futuristic isn't as fun, or they could put both in?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

m4 with LMT stuff ill be happy

My guess is Most ALL 70 of the weapons/munitions being offered in GR2 and GRSS will be available in GRAW, simply because the vast array or variety of selectable weapons for each player is one of the selling points of Ghost Recon.

Drift over to the top of the GR2 forum - this week (July 25) a list of all available weapons for GRSS has been put up by Christian Allen.

The M4 has been renamed to A2. -- No doubt because of Colt Corporation's rabid trademark or more likely patent enforcement/violation lawsuits with other firearm manufacturers.

Perhaps Ubi/RS wants to avoid any "entanglements" in this regard. Funny though that GR is keeping the "M16" named weapon - another Colt-produced product - but perhaps Armalite owns the "M16" trademark or patent, which has long passed its 17 year protection period.

-Jam

That is an interesting list. I hope that it is not one that will shrink when GRAW does finally come out.

I have to agree with you that Colt does have a reputation for rigorously litigating any manufacturer for using the M4 name. I wonder if GRAW could have used the name M4 and then put a blurb about Colt in the description, but then they might want some sort of compensation for their name being used.

Some other interesting ways of dealing with the "M4" name:

use: M-4
    use: M-04
    use: M-4A2
    use: M-Four
    use: M-IV
    use: M-IV-A2
    use: SOCOM-4

Or with any other name where the characters "M" and "4" are not right next to each other.

Instead of them going with "A2", which will be lost on a lot of players who don't read the forums, they should have gone with "A4" or "X4" or one of the above.

-Jam

o well, i guess we'll have to wait and see

It's interesting.

In previous games you basically just needed a different set of numbers in a table to "simulate" a weapon but it looks like it might be a bit more in depth this time around.

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't include a vast list of weapons simply because of the work involved.

i like futuristic weapons mixed with classic firepower; I request a rifle that shoots microwaves and a ball and shot musket. Kidding kidding! All I want, the UK military SA80 with grenade launcher

Originally posted by Redpatterson:
    i like futuristic weapons mixed with classic firepower; I request a rifle that shoots microwaves and a ball and shot musket. Kidding kidding! All I want, the UK military SA80 with grenade launcher
    Don't forget your hickory switch.....
    Don't run, you'll just die tired.

Ah, yes, thankyou brain. Almost forgot the most feared weapon of all

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast