Thread: Games Crashes to Desktop & Sometimes Reboots | Forums

Its sounds as if your gear might be overheating.
    What is the wattage on your power supply?

-Spectre
    -Colorado
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

300W? How many harddrives/opicals attached? Other USB devices. 300W and a 9700pro, etc could mean you are running out of juice.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Raven Shield/Lock On Forums Moderator
    "It takes a big man to admit he is wrong, I'm not a big man." Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives
    Raven Shield FAQ
    LOMAC FAQ
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

upgrading whatever drivers need to be upgraded on your
    box, primarially the vid card, DX9 (to DX9.0b) and then
    your sound card.

Try to duplicate the problem. Do you notice a pattern to
    the lock ups?

-Spectre
    -Colorado

doesn't ATI recommend at least 350W when using a 9700pro?

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong, I'm not a big man." Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives
    Raven Shield FAQ
    LOMAC FAQ

hm, I know your pain. I have 512 333ddr running fine, I went out and bought an identical stick of 512 333ddr, boom windows wouldn't load, I was getting memory errors. Exchange sticks, same problem. Reduce memory speed to 266, everything works. Turns out my MB was only rated to 333fsb with only 1 memory slot full. Second slot occupied, it can only do 266. Try reducing your fsb speed and see what is up. I have found 1024mb of 266ram is faster than 512 of 333.

Raven Shield FAQ
    LOMAC FAQ