View Poll Results: Which is the superior plane?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • F-22 Raptor

11 42.31%
  • Su-37 Terminator

15 57.69%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: F-22 vs Su-37! | Forums

Which plane is superior, in HAWX 2 and real world? USA's F-22 Raptor or Russia's Su-37 Terminator?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Wow, great way to start another flame war.
    Bu seriously, the comparsion is a bit off. Su-37's american counterpart is not F-22, but F-15S\MTD, since both of them are test beds for new thechnology.
    Real-life comparsion is hard, because There's no information on what radar Su-37 (the test type preobably used a dummy one) would use if it was mass produced. Then there's also battle conditions. For example F-22, has advantage of stealth if it is guided by AWACS, however one-on-one without external suupot, it would have to turn it's own radar on, but it will completely nullify the steath advantage. The F-22 have passive search mode, but it's less effective then active radar.

If you mean which plane is soperior in the games, there's no correct aswer for that since most games Su-37 starred in are dogfight oriented and mostly depend on your own piloting skill. Also, diifrent games have diffirent stats for both planes.
    P.S. I voted for Su-37 since a) it's one of my most favourite planes, b) I'm Russian.
    HAWX Callsing (X360): Lenin

I will tell to your one story. Su-37 it was created, as the plane for export and in comparison with F-22 cost much less, thus, according to experts, anything to it without conceding. Visitors have been invited to the first display, including pilots-fighters from many countries of the world. After demonstration flights pilot Su-37 has offered the pilots observing of maneuvers, to arrange training fight.!!! Any of pilots has disagreed!!!

I was thinking several years in the future when in all likelyhood these two planes could square off against each other, like when Hawx 2's story takes place. Thinking also that the Su-37 Terminator will be produced to some degree and be Russia's mainstay air superiority fighter. It will probably have radar similar to the Su-35BM's I would think.

In that case, I would rely more on the Russian's plane over the American one, especially in mid-ranged & short ranged combat. Long ranged combat though though... ?

Originally posted by Ant_Kalgin:
    P.S. I voted for Su-37 since a) it's one of my most favourite planes, b) I'm Russian.
    Guess we are the same lol, except I'm not full Russian....

Originally posted by DeathsHead2
    I was thinking several years in the future when in all likelyhood these two planes could square off against each other, like when Hawx 2's story takes place.
    for real? you think HAWX2's crappy storyline will happen?
    USEA National Anthem
    "O'er azure skies And emerald plains Where freedom and justice prevail. With courage and strength We'll fight to the end For liberty in our land."
    http://www.sportsonlyauction.com/

You know, the Russian killer satellite that rains down lasers from space is more likely in the future than fighter jets doing actual dog fights. We don't send up Raptors to shoot down Terminators or Berkuts or anything in real life. So first, dog fights don't, and won't happen.

Second, the Raptor has stealth, which is its main benefit. The Terminator has extreme super maneuverability. The fight would be well over before the pilot of the Terminator even knows the Raptor is in the air. However, if you take that away, it could be an entertaining battle.

The winner, as with any competition of this sort, wold be the jet with the better pilot. I love the Terminator, it is my favorite jet, so I'd like to think it can out dog fight a Raptor, with equal pilots. But it's all fanboy opinion, because they are totally different and will never duel.

This is especially true since when people speak of The Terminator, they are generally thinking of number 711, the specific plane. That is why the Terminator always has the brown shades as it's paint, to replicate number 711. I love how AC0 did it, looks amazing. Anyway, the Terminator number 711 first was unTerminatored, then crashed. So in the future, as with the present, there is no "The Terminator" fighter jet. A few variants, but not 711.

The story about the Farnborough air show in 1996 is my favorite fighter jet story. The Sukhoi Development Company asked if they could take up the this new jet they made. At first, the pilot Frolov had to convince a committee it was safe to fly above a crowd because they had not seen moves like that before. So he does, and takes it up and does some seriously badass moves, Hawx stuff and all. So of course us Americans have to be like, "that looks cool, but it wouldn't help in a dogfight."

The chief designer with the company replied with "any place, any time."

Awesome stuff. And, they freaken put a missile bracket backwards on the Terminator because it has rear radar, so wicked!

Smoke

sukoi make very cool and manouvorable aircraft

and Lockheed make extremely advanced aircraft with excellent performance

id love to see a joint project between them

Originally posted by landon_326:
    You know, the Russian killer satellite that rains down lasers from space is more likely in the future than fighter jets doing actual dog fights. We don't send up Raptors to shoot down Terminators or Berkuts or anything in real life. So first, dog fights don't, and won't happen.
    Dogfights still happen IRL, when combat aircraft are involved. Take the latest Balkan conflict for example. Laser satellite is pure fantasy it will never exist in real life. Laser is a light, and as a light it spreads and lose concentration the more distance it travels. So, from orbit it's pretty useless. That's why laser-carrier planes are being developed now. It's still not much, since lasers need huge energy sources. Satellite-based railgun would be more likely, but then there's problem of the bullet not melting during atmsopheric reentry.

Second, the Raptor has stealth, which is its main benefit. The Terminator has extreme super maneuverability. The fight would be well over before the pilot of the Terminator even knows the Raptor is in the air. However, if you take that away, it could be an entertaining battle.
    Stealth doesn't make planes invisible to radar, that's a myth. It makes the plane harder to detect, and gives first strike chance. But a) stealth aircraft need AWACS or other external targeting support because it flies with it's own radar off, b) modern radars, or just powerful enough ones detect stealth fighters, no trouble. So Su-37s would see Raptor pretty good, thought Raptor will, most likely, have a chance to shoot medium-range missiles first. At a dogfighting distance stealth wouldn't matter at all.

The winner, as with any competition of this sort, wold be the jet with the better pilot. I love the Terminator, it is my favorite jet, so I'd like to think it can out dog fight a Raptor, with equal pilots. But it's all fanboy opinion, because they are totally different and will never duel.
    Agree with this one, dogfights are still a test of skill as much as technology.
    HAWX Callsing (X360): Lenin

If the Terminator is mass produced & exported the likelyhood of an encounter with an American ONLY F-22 is fairly high. I bet it happens in the next 10 years, with little doubt. Also, the Indian Su-30MKI vs the F-22 Raptor coul in all respects happen, and be a good test for both Counties. India beat our F-15C's, I doubt that it will be such a wash against the F-22!

Originally posted by Ant_Kalgin:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by landon_326:
    Dogfights still happen IRL, when combat aircraft are involved. Take the latest Balkan conflict for example. Laser satellite is pure fantasy it will never exist in real life. Laser is a light, and as a light it spreads and lose concentration the more distance it travels. So, from orbit it's pretty useless. That's why laser-carrier planes are being developed now. It's still not much, since lasers need huge energy sources. Satellite-based railgun would be more likely, but then there's problem of the bullet not melting during atmsopheric reentry.

Stealth doesn't make planes invisible to radar, that's a myth. It makes the plane harder to detect, and gives first strike chance. But a) stealth aircraft need AWACS or other external targeting support because it flies with it's own radar off, b) modern radars, or just powerful enough ones detect stealth fighters, no trouble. So Su-37s would see Raptor pretty good, thought Raptor will, most likely, have a chance to shoot medium-range missiles first. At a dogfighting distance stealth wouldn't matter at all.

Agree with this one, dogfights are still a test of skill as much as technology. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Landon, in case you didn't realize it already, the reason we do not send Raptors to battle Terminators and Berkuts is because they're tech demonstrators.

And dogfights don't, and won't happen? We said that back in Vietnam, and the MiGs gave us a serious case of ***-whuppin' because they got close enough for the furball.

The Terminator has extreme supermanueverability?
    Raptor does too.

Hats off to Ant because his argument worked.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast