Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Music in Heroes V | Forums

Launch trailer - Might & Magic® X Legacy [UK]

Might & Magic X - Legacy - 4 New Classes Speed Painting trailer [UK]

Might and Magic X Legacy - The Gameplay trailer [UK]

Might & Magic X Legacy -- The Open Dev starts! [EUROPE]

Paul Romero, Rob King, Steve Baca, and Paul James for music in Heroes V, please!
    The music in the Heroes games was nothing short of spectacular. Heroes II to me had the definitive "Heroes universe" music. Heroes III music was much more orchestral than II and was more "expressive". Heroes IV was more experimental but had some of the best music in the series (Chaos town, Order town, Might town, snow theme...). But they all brought the Heroes universe alive with colour and flourish in their own unique way. I still start the games up and just sit at my computer listening to the music, losing myself in the world that is Heroes of Might and Magic. I will be very unhappy if anyone other than King, Romero,.. do the music. I will be very unhappy indeed.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Paul Romero, Rob King, Steve Baca, and Paul James for music in Heroes V, please!
    The music in the Heroes games was nothing short of spectacular. Heroes II to me had the definitive "Heroes universe" music. Heroes III music was much more orchestral than II and was more "expressive". Heroes IV was more experimental but had some of the best music in the series (Chaos town, Order town, Might town, snow theme...). But they all brought the Heroes universe alive with colour and flourish in their own unique way. I still start the games up and just sit at my computer listening to the music, losing myself in the world that is Heroes of Might and Magic. I will be very unhappy if anyone other than King, Romero,.. do the music. I will be very unhappy indeed.

Well, try not to be unhappy until you've actually heard the music in Heroes V. But, if it's any consolation, I definitely agree: Rob King and Paul Romero, at least, would undoubtedly be star choices for writing the music for Heroes V (provided that decision hasn't already been made...).

I do so agree that the music in this game has to have the legacy that the previous games left behind (including the RPG might and magic's)

However I do no agree that the original composers of this music HAVE to be on board on this project. Other composers are easily capable of delivering the same level of music. Oren Yona who is contributing to the 'Tribute of Might and Magic' easily kept the spirit of the previous games, so can others IMO.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Viva the 'Forge'

T.A.F.K.A.A. = The artist Formerly known as Apeman.

Smite the one who picked my username!

I've played Etherlords and the music there is really fine... but that's way too far from being so good as HOMM music.

I've heard the best music in games in HOMM and M&M games, (M&M7 is too a masterpiece in my opinion). It would be really hard even for Rob and his crew to stay at the same level, but it will be even harder with other musicians. I hope I'm wrong because I really doubt they will be involved in this project. At least I hope Nival has understood that music in HOMM is one of the keys of it's atmosphere, style and success, and dedicate the time and effort this department deserves.

Ven a nuestra torre. La Torre de Marfil

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vitirr:
    At least I hope Nival has understood that music in HOMM is one of the keys of it's atmosphere, style and success, and dedicate the time and effort this department deserves. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I totally agree with you....

No good music....no atmosphere and feelings....

I can do nothing more that holeheartedly agree.
    The music in the HoMM-Series was awesome in every part! I burned all the music on CDs and listen to them very often. (My turns are often very long, because I mostly let the town-music play out)
    [on a sidenote, I am still looking for a way to get the midi-music from H2 as I like it more than the stereo^^]

Well, to come back to the topic, I agree completely with the content of post#1 and advise you guys to get Rob, Paul and the gang for H5 music [if you haven't allready^^]

reg
    **** the Mink

PS: I think, It's great how you let us publish our opinions here and get heared!

I generally liked all musics from all the heroes series. But, for Heroes 5 they should incorporate more of a transcended or modern type of a med-evil music. I can think of D&D or Gladiator or so many outhere that isn't necessarily opera like music.
    Don't AnGer Me ...
    You won't like it when I get angry ...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Salventus:
    I generally liked all musics from all the heroes series. But, for Heroes 5 they should incorporate more of a transcended or modern type of a med-evil music. I can think of D&D or Gladiator or so many outhere that isn't necessarily opera like music. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

maybe something new, but it better be good. otherwise there's no need to change... also, i think not all the music in heroes has always been like opera (maybe it has the style... but it's still diferent and it is good as it is, i mean the style it has is good)

Really the only request I could make with the music is that they mix up the overworld view music abit. Yeah the music in Heroes 4 was nice, but really, alot of it was the same....there wasn't alot of difference to me between the grass theme and a good chunk of the dirt theme.

I also liked the ambient noise that was present in 1-3, it seemed toned down in 4 IMO.

But whatever, I'm sure Nival and Ubi will work something out. Just no hard rock like we saw with POP:WW please.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast