Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BG&E2 - Needs Rayman Origins to sell | Forums

Ubisoft sales executive, Tony Key has said if Rayman: Origins sells well then it increases the certainty of BG&E2. This is what he said:

"Ultimately, Rayman is [Ancel 's] original creation, and if all the people that love Beyond Good & Evil understand he is more than a one trick pony… and that if Rayman Origins does well, it gives him more leeway for other opportunities because he has to build up his studio."

http://geek.pikimal.com/2011/1...s-of-rayman-origins/

If it is still this uncertain. It still maybe released this generation or not at all! Let's hope it's the former.
    Currently waiting on:

Beyond Good & Evil 2(?), Portal 3(?), Deus Ex: Universe, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Mirror's Edge, Watch_Dogs, Rainbow 6: Patriots, Cyberpunk 2077.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I don't like what he's implying in that comment. At least the following part out of the same article is somewhat good news:

Meanwhile, the downloadable version of Beyond Good & Evil released this year for PSN and XBLA is "doing very well", Key added. "There are a lot of people coming back, and if they choose to do a sequel the audience is bigger than before."

i'm holding off on rayman for now... though i hate to think that my not buying it immediately means i'm screwing over bg&e2.

JohnKarp.com | deviantART | Model Mayhem
    "It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."
    - Haruhara Haruko

i'm holding off on rayman for now... though i hate to think that my not buying it immediately means i'm screwing over bg&e2. Indifferent
    Come on Dom, that shouldn't be an excuse, the only thing that would stop me from buying it is if my playstation broke, which seems to be the case!
    Currently waiting on:

Beyond Good & Evil 2(?), Portal 3(?), Deus Ex: Universe, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Mirror's Edge, Watch_Dogs, Rainbow 6: Patriots, Cyberpunk 2077.

Originally posted by dom1999:
    i'm holding off on rayman for now... though i hate to think that my not buying it immediately means i'm screwing over bg&e2.
    You shouldn't feel responsible for what is ultimately a poor marketing decision by Ubisoft. Most gamers will be buying at least one or two games this month, and Rayman Origins can't compete with the bigger titles. The price tag doesn't help. I expect most people that are interested in the game to wait before the inevitable price drop a few months from now. It's a shame since the Rayman is definitely a good game and shows that Ancel and his team can still deliver the same quality they did with BG&E. I haven't really decided whether I'm going to buy the game now or wait a few months, I still need to play the demo first.

Completely correct, Daroth.

Feeling bad because you're just not that interested in Rayman? That's ridiculous.

Remember Ancel's comments in March? That the limitations of present consoles obstructed his creativity? He also said that they are so far in the development of BG&E2 right now that there's just no way back. So was Ancel lying or is Mr. Key right now?

If Ubisoft puts Rayman Origins on gog.com for PC, I'd buy it without a doubt. That would have nothing to do with this stupid blackmail attempt though. But it looks like they don't want my money anyway.

Currently waiting on:

Originally posted by Lyogron:
    Completely correct, Daroth.

Feeling bad because you're just not that interested in Rayman? That's ridiculous.

Remember Ancel's comments in March? That the limitations of present consoles obstructed his creativity? He also said that they are so far in the development of BG&E2 right now that there's just no way back. So was Ancel lying or is Mr. Key right now?

If Ubisoft puts Rayman Origins on gog.com for PC, I'd buy it without a doubt. That would have nothing to do with this stupid blackmail attempt though. But it looks like they don't want my money anyway.
    Key is one slimy piece of excrement for using dirty sales tactics, to shift a few copies of rayman.

Recent interview by Ancel:

http://www.msxbox-world.com/ne...good-and-evil-2.html
    Currently waiting on:

Originally posted by Soulid_Snake:
    Recent interview by Ancel:

http://www.msxbox-world.com/ne...good-and-evil-2.html
    404. page not found. fix the "..." in the middle of the address.

JohnKarp.com | deviantART | Model Mayhem
    "It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."
    - Haruhara Haruko

Originally posted by dom1999:

404. page not found. fix the "..." in the middle of the address.
    Done! .
    Currently waiting on:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast