Thread: Online play problem | Forums

Hi,
    I have been playing SHIII online for about a year. Early on I had installed an update, I believe it was version 1.4. Anyway, recently, every time I try to join an online game, I get the message "Wrong Version". And then I noticed that the version of the online game is no longer listed in the list of available games.

So I thought maybe everyone has switched to SH IV. So I installed SH IV and hell, there no online games listed available. Anyone have an idea what the deal is with my game?

Thanks, Bill
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Banned
    I'm not sure what you mean by "version", but what comes to my mind is what are you running on your installation ?

For example :
    1) GWX 3.0
    2) WAC 3.0 or newer
    3) Stock

The reason I ask, is that you must have the same supermod installed to be able to play online. So if you log on, and the only games being played are with GWX users, you must also have GWX installed as well.

Another thing, you may have bought a copy of SH3 already patched to 1.4b, so installing the patch will cause unwanted problems.

I hope this helps a little.

Tudds

Thanks for the reply. My original version did not have the patch installed. I installed the patch (1.4b), and found that was the version most people were playing online.

Usually, When people are hosting games with mods, such as GWX, they will say GWX only or something similar. This problem just started all of the sudden. EVERY single game I attempt to join says Wrong Version.

Banned
    I'll post a shortcut in General Discussion in a day or 2 if no one else replies so this question can be seen by more eyes.

And I apologize for not welcoming you to Ubi

Hi westone1,
    In reply to your post above for online Gameplay,
    Its tough when most games listed are not the version you have when Online,
    ComSubsPac.com
    was soley started to Help players
    like yourself,Play Silent Hunter Online,
    Whatever Version you choose,Our members Play Online,Be it with or without mods,
    Hope this helps