Thread: securom error 6000 | Forums

Launch trailer - Might & Magic® X Legacy [UK]

Might & Magic X - Legacy - 4 New Classes Speed Painting trailer [UK]

Might and Magic X Legacy - The Gameplay trailer [UK]

Might & Magic X Legacy -- The Open Dev starts! [EUROPE]

Halo

I bought DMMM and its the first game which absolutely doesnt spill anything else than the frakin Securom splash screen at startup informing that "the game can not be started (6000). It also gives this link:

http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=module&c=6000&l=en

Funny thing steam multiplayer is working. Only with Single player comes the aforementioned problem.
    I tried installing/uninstalling steam, using only retail or only steam version, uninstalled all programs creating virtual drives, downloaded the modified mm.exe frim ubi. Even the infamous trick with DVD drive being manually disconnected from the computer didnt work...

I bought a retail version, but during the installation, STEAM woke up asking whether i want to validate a product (i did, as i thought that it will aloow me to use the game with no dvd in tray).
    Could this be a problem? the retail version key used in steam? I dont think so but please clarify.
    Can i use the steam DMMM (assuming it ever starts to work) with no DVD in tray?
    Is there maybe already a subject like this ??
    I hope sb can help me, this is really the hardcore situation.
    ........................<- input obscene words about Securom and companies using it.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Halo

I bought DMMM and its the first game which absolutely doesnt spill anything else than the frakin Securom splash screen at startup informing that "the game can not be started (6000). It also gives this link:

http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=module&c=6000&l=en

Funny thing steam multiplayer is working. Only with Single player comes the aforementioned problem.
    I tried installing/uninstalling steam, using only retail or only steam version, uninstalled all programs creating virtual drives, downloaded the modified mm.exe frim ubi. Even the infamous trick with DVD drive being manually disconnected from the computer didnt work...

I bought a retail version, but during the installation, STEAM woke up asking whether i want to validate a product (i did, as i thought that it will aloow me to use the game with no dvd in tray).
    Could this be a problem? the retail version key used in steam? I dont think so but please clarify.
    Can i use the steam DMMM (assuming it ever starts to work) with no DVD in tray?
    Is there maybe already a subject like this ??
    I hope sb can help me, this is really the hardcore situation.
    ........................<- input obscene words about Securom and companies using it.

No need to put in obscene words against Securom and companies using it, as it is only anti-piracy software.

Yes through Steam you will be able to play the game without the DVD in the drive.
    Possibly there are still remains of the copying / emulating software on your PC (Registry?).

Since you bought the retail version, what you should have done:
    -Install the game in its own directory (either the path it creates by default in Program Files, or a path you create manually) outside Steam, then install the patches 1.01 and 1.02 (in that order).
    -Then launch your already existing Steam to 'ínstall' the game (which in practice means that Steam will move the game into its directory) then 'validate'.

What you, in your present situation, can try now is what i did in the first post in my thread: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=88210...661025145#56610251 45.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Blín D'ñero Forums for Dark Messiah of Might & Magic + other games support

thx for answering, but i take to your attention that i already mentioned i installed the game in 20 possible ways.

Ans still same error by Singleplayer startup. Anybody help?

I gave you 2 valuable suggestions you apparently did not try. Good luck!

@nero - congratulations. U actually managed to squish your overly long rumblings from "YOUR THREAD" into two cohesive sentences. Still no real help though.

the 1st option: the product was validated before even the retail option installed. It was installed with patches and moved , the other try was to download completely through steam.

the 2nd option : says nothing about securom problem.

Please help somebody who has an idea what is to be done. Surely there must have been a thread about Securom before?
    i found the 5 months old thread with EXACTLY the same problem, and no-one even bothered to answer !!! wtf? ubi forum link

i wrote a mail to securom. They said i have a few quarantined viruses which has to be removed. Did it, scaned the computer million times. Nothing changes. Error 6000. I burned money on this. Will not ever buy anything from them. Thanks for no help.

I would have almost posted this ... ...Ooops i just did it!

The problem with you is your attitude that blocks help.

For the others having the Securom problem:
    Securom software is very sensitive as it comes to software it finds on the PC that potentially can be used to circumvent Securom copyprotection.
    If present on the PC, uninstall and remove every last remain of Deamon Tools, Alcohol 120% and sortwise programs. It seems that the latest versions have fixed that but nevertheless better to not have such programs installed.

There is a antivirusscanner (i forgot which, wasn't it freeware?) that treats Securom as a virus, thus making securom impossible to work correctly. In that case visit the website of your antivirusscanner for a fix (or uninstall the av scanner).

(If you don't succeed in removing all remains, a format and reinstall of Windows always fixes this 100%, so Securom is not to blame, nor Arkane/Ubisoft, nor anyone posting on this forum trying to help).