Thread: How to install silent hunter 3? | Forums

Okay..I admit it. I AM NOOB.
    I have been playing a lot of games but this time I have difficulties in installing the game. This is really embarrassing...
    Anyway I have the system requirements to run the game..but I am using vista basic. First I tried to install in my laptop(vista). I cant seem to figure out whats the problem cuz after I install I cant play! The patch thing confuses me cuz it cant find the right file.
    NEXT...I tried installing on my desktop computer(xp). A bit **** if you ask me. 512 RAM, graphic card 64 and pentium 3. Still cant run the game right? Well guess what I have the SAME problem!
    Could someone kind enough to help me? I know I am noob...but I really like this game.
    Thank you for listening...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Aww..a censored mode..Thats wasnt a bad word at all...
    Sorry I noticed I got few grammar errors there. Please forgive me...

Banned
    A great place to download the patch is Gameshadow(Not the one included on the install), but Gameshadow.com and install the latest version.

Once you go there, run Find My Games. Once Gameshadow finds all games available there, find SH3 on the right side, click on Patches, and click Download. Gameshadow will install the correct one for you.

Before doing this, you should make sure you have a fresh install. After unistalling, check inside the Ubisoft folder and delete any folders left in there. Also, there may be some files left inside My Documents/Sh3.

Reinstall, then go to Gameshadow.

Anymore questions, please ask

Wait wait wait..
    So you are saying is that it's NORMAL I cant run the game right?
    Well I am glad I opened my mouth.
    Thank you thank you thank you very much.
    If I have problems again I'll try ask again...

The game wasn't designed to run on Vista, but there is a way to get it to run under Vista. There is a discussion about Vista and SH3 in the "SH3 - Problems and solutions list" thread at the top of the Community Technical Help section.

SH3 will not run on a Pentium 3 system, so I wouldn't advise even trying that. It needs a Pentium 4 CPU at minimum, and though it says 512 MB RAM, it runs smoother with at least 1 GB of RAM. My system has 2 gigs of RAM and it runs fine. You also need a decent video card; mine is 128 MB. A budget card will not do a good job of rendering the 3D environment, and using a motherboard's onboard graphics chipset probably wouldn't do a good job, either. If your game came in a box, check the side of the box for system requirements.

There are different versions of the game, depending on where you live. I live in Canada, so I use the North America version of the game. There is also an EMEA [Europe, Middle East, Asia] version of the game. You must use the correct patch for your version of the game. I think there may be one for the download version as well. Did you buy a boxed version of the game or a download version, and in which country did you purchase your game? Using a European patch on a North American game will give an error message.

As per laptops, the game was not originally designed to run on laptops, but there are laptops out there that are powerful enough to run the game. Some laptops cannot run the game because the graphics chipsets are too weak; many of them share system memory for video processing instead of having a dedicated graphics card. These lower end systems will not run the game. I've tried the game on two of my notebooks; they meet the CPU and RAM requirements, but the graphics cards are too weak. I get frame rates of 1-2 FPS; horribly slow. If your notebook is a lower spec system, it may not be up to the job. What are the specs on your notebook? I'm guessing since it came with Vista basic, that it is a low spec system.

how to play silent hunter 3 to windows vista

Banned
    Originally posted by thanbali:
    how to play silent hunter 3 to windows vista
    Check this thread out : Installing SH3 Into Vista