Thread: My cursor (hand)/view keeps jumping to the top of the screen | Forums

I am finding that my cursor/view keeps jumping to the top of the screen every few minutes.

Everything else in the game runs perfect except for this "Mouse Hiccup". At the suggestion of the Ubisoft Support I've updated EVERYTHING possible - defraged, scanned etc., and still this happens (It also happened with the demo).

I also have the "IL STurmovik" series (no problems), and the "URU" series (I had to disable the accelerator in the games Options menu to smooth the visuals).

Any help would be great - Thanks!
    -Peter -
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I am finding that my cursor/view keeps jumping to the top of the screen every few minutes.

Everything else in the game runs perfect except for this "Mouse Hiccup". At the suggestion of the Ubisoft Support I've updated EVERYTHING possible - defraged, scanned etc., and still this happens (It also happened with the demo).

I also have the "IL STurmovik" series (no problems), and the "URU" series (I had to disable the accelerator in the games Options menu to smooth the visuals).

Any help would be great - Thanks!
    -Peter -

Peter --

Check through some of the earlier threads. I know this has come up before, and caused a lot of problems for one player, later in the game when precise pointer control is crucial. I don't remember if they found a solution, though.

Be sure to catch The Cavern Today podcast -- the voice of the Uru community! www.thecaverntoday.com

Prologue KI #946599
    D'mala KI #60628

Thanks Mowog! Went back through the archive and found the posts!

Found it was the Hyperthreading. This is odd as it's fine for URU, IL Sturmovik, and a stack of "Barbie" riding games - Myst IV seems to be it's weakness for some reason.

I'm using an Intel Pentium 4 @ 2.6GHz,
    an Intel motherboard,
    NVIDIA-FX video card,
    Sound Blaster PCI card,
    512MB RAM

Go Figure - BUT, if all I need to keep doing is switch the Hyperthreading off to enjoy the game, and then switch it back on (the other games start becoming visually unstable if I don't) I can live with it.

Again Thanks!
    - Peter -