Thread: About the Future of the SC Franchise | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Banned
    I remember how I loved the old times with the Splinter Cell games. I used to own Splinter Cell for both the Xbox and PS2, Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow for the Xbox, and Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory for the Xbox. I even played the first and second Splinter Cell games on the Gamecube. There was just so much love towards it.

The first time that I saw Splinter Cell was shortly after it came out, when I saw it in one of my Game Informer issues. As I examined the game, I thought want an awesome game it would be for me to buy. I bought it for the PS2 before the Xbox version and the levels, action, and story itself as well as the stealth gameplay were awesome. I remember the Power Plant level of the PS2 version that I had played. And the mission where you had to kill Uvyacheslav Grinko (he was my favorite villain). Shortly, after buying an Xbox, I picked up my copy of the Xbox version of Splinter Cell because I knew that there were differences in gameplay between the different Splinter Cell versions. I got through both the PS2 and Xbox version, but never had the chance to download the Kola Cell, Submarine, and one other mission, which was all downloadable through Xbox Live because I couldn't get my system connected for some reason and never resolved the problem.

Then I saw and bought myself Pandora Tomorrow. It had better graphics and the gameplay was even more amazing. I played the tutorial of the Spies Vs. Mercenaries, but only found a chance of playing it online at my friend's house.

Chaos Theory is what I borrowed from my friend at first. Then I bought the game for the Xbox. I had true admiration for its new gameplay, awesome graphics, and co-op gameplay. This was the last SC game I ever played. I wish to rent SC: DA and SC: Conviction for GameFly and experience the things that I never was able to experience. In addition, I hope to finally get Xbox Live after buying a 360 an experiencing Pandora Tomorrow, Chao Theory, DA, and Conviction's multiplayer.

I believe that the Splinter Cell franchise will need to really delve deeper than ever in to the stealth gameplay. After Splinter Cell Conviction, whether it is a good game or not, we need to have the old elements of the previous Splinter Cell games back (light and shadow), the ability to choose who you work for (Third Echelon, etc.), have more weapons to choose from, a create-your-own character feature for single-player (if you don't feel like playing as Sam Fisher any more), the Co-op, and even the Multiplayer, a real day and night cycle (this is how the strategy of using stealth would come in to place), multiple endings, never the same experience in both Single-Player and Co-op, more modes for Multiplayer (Spy Vs. Merc, the crowd multiplayer, etc.) to make it that much more entertaining (most FPS games have more than one type of game mode for multiplayer, so this would be a good idea), plenty of exploration of interiors and exteriors, and the most compelling storyline ever.

This is basically a wishlist of mine and I made this thread specifically on how you think the franchise will become in the future or possibly which direction you would like it to go in to. Feel free to give off your own wishlist as well. It's alright if we start early before even Conviction is out on discussing the future because maybe it can help out Ubisoft Montreal more for what they need in order to make an even more successful lineup of SC titles in the future.

I must say that whether Conviction is a good game or not, we can still hope for a better future of the other upcoming SC titles. They must take stealth further than ever with having traditional styles of gameplay and even new styles of it to enjoy those who like to have more than one option of an experience (I recall Golden Eye 007 having both a Rail Shooter and FPS experience, so it would be a great idea to have Splinter Cell be looking new and even like it did in the old days.). Because the 7th generation's hardware for the PS3 and Xbox 360 will continue to grow over time, it is absolutely essential that we also get that much bigger of an experience like we'd ever even expect from Ubisoft Montreal.

Cipher Complex and Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots are looking like some very heavy competition for Splinter Cell Conviction and possibly even the rest of the SC franchise, so Ubisoft Montreal should really try to give us both the traditional experience and even a newer experience as well. Although graphics are a big part of both the Xbox 360 and PS3, it won't be enough for it to deliver high in sales and games themselves, so gameplay, sound, controls, and replay value should also be very much considered.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Banned
    I remember how I loved the old times with the Splinter Cell games. I used to own Splinter Cell for both the Xbox and PS2, Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow for the Xbox, and Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory for the Xbox. I even played the first and second Splinter Cell games on the Gamecube. There was just so much love towards it.

The first time that I saw Splinter Cell was shortly after it came out, when I saw it in one of my Game Informer issues. As I examined the game, I thought want an awesome game it would be for me to buy. I bought it for the PS2 before the Xbox version and the levels, action, and story itself as well as the stealth gameplay were awesome. I remember the Power Plant level of the PS2 version that I had played. And the mission where you had to kill Uvyacheslav Grinko (he was my favorite villain). Shortly, after buying an Xbox, I picked up my copy of the Xbox version of Splinter Cell because I knew that there were differences in gameplay between the different Splinter Cell versions. I got through both the PS2 and Xbox version, but never had the chance to download the Kola Cell, Submarine, and one other mission, which was all downloadable through Xbox Live because I couldn't get my system connected for some reason and never resolved the problem.

Then I saw and bought myself Pandora Tomorrow. It had better graphics and the gameplay was even more amazing. I played the tutorial of the Spies Vs. Mercenaries, but only found a chance of playing it online at my friend's house.

Chaos Theory is what I borrowed from my friend at first. Then I bought the game for the Xbox. I had true admiration for its new gameplay, awesome graphics, and co-op gameplay. This was the last SC game I ever played. I wish to rent SC: DA and SC: Conviction for GameFly and experience the things that I never was able to experience. In addition, I hope to finally get Xbox Live after buying a 360 an experiencing Pandora Tomorrow, Chao Theory, DA, and Conviction's multiplayer.

I believe that the Splinter Cell franchise will need to really delve deeper than ever in to the stealth gameplay. After Splinter Cell Conviction, whether it is a good game or not, we need to have the old elements of the previous Splinter Cell games back (light and shadow), the ability to choose who you work for (Third Echelon, etc.), have more weapons to choose from, a create-your-own character feature for single-player (if you don't feel like playing as Sam Fisher any more), the Co-op, and even the Multiplayer, a real day and night cycle (this is how the strategy of using stealth would come in to place), multiple endings, never the same experience in both Single-Player and Co-op, more modes for Multiplayer (Spy Vs. Merc, the crowd multiplayer, etc.) to make it that much more entertaining (most FPS games have more than one type of game mode for multiplayer, so this would be a good idea), plenty of exploration of interiors and exteriors, and the most compelling storyline ever.

This is basically a wishlist of mine and I made this thread specifically on how you think the franchise will become in the future or possibly which direction you would like it to go in to. Feel free to give off your own wishlist as well. It's alright if we start early before even Conviction is out on discussing the future because maybe it can help out Ubisoft Montreal more for what they need in order to make an even more successful lineup of SC titles in the future.

I must say that whether Conviction is a good game or not, we can still hope for a better future of the other upcoming SC titles. They must take stealth further than ever with having traditional styles of gameplay and even new styles of it to enjoy those who like to have more than one option of an experience (I recall Golden Eye 007 having both a Rail Shooter and FPS experience, so it would be a great idea to have Splinter Cell be looking new and even like it did in the old days.). Because the 7th generation's hardware for the PS3 and Xbox 360 will continue to grow over time, it is absolutely essential that we also get that much bigger of an experience like we'd ever even expect from Ubisoft Montreal.

Cipher Complex and Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots are looking like some very heavy competition for Splinter Cell Conviction and possibly even the rest of the SC franchise, so Ubisoft Montreal should really try to give us both the traditional experience and even a newer experience as well. Although graphics are a big part of both the Xbox 360 and PS3, it won't be enough for it to deliver high in sales and games themselves, so gameplay, sound, controls, and replay value should also be very much considered.

I think the series will keep evolving and there will always be new ideas that will come to the devs mind to make our SC experience even better. Though, I do hope they stop passing the game back and forth between Montreal and Shanghai. We already know who does a better job on the game, even though I do enjoy what Shanghai also has to offer. I just hope this new SC game isnt a step backwards in content, replayability, and all that other stuff we had in SCCT. That game was the richest in content, you couldnt ask for more. I already think SCC will have a little mixture of light & shadow stealth and crowd stealth together...what could Sam be possibly doing working as a SC again when he goes back to them at the starting of the game? Well not just the starting, the first 7-8 missions. I am eager to see what they are doing in that part.

The series will keep improving unless Ubi goes completely out of the direction of *stealth, Sam Fisher, Third Echelon, and gadgets*. Possibly more, I dont know.

(I havent even enough of that Cipher Complex to see if it even would be a challenge to the SC series. These games that just come out usually are bad games that didnt do their formula right. As for MGS4, completely different game, and even more different now.)

This series is no doubt, the LAST series out there that should give you the chance to create a Splinter Cell character.

I agree with almost everything but the create your own character.Who would want to stop playing as Sam Fisher? Splinter Cell wouldnt be Splinter Cell without Fisher!

Banned
    I agree with you, MKCC14. As for having a create-a character, I specifically stated that we could have it alongside with being able to still play as Sam Fisher, so we could choose whenever we'd like to play as him and if we ever became bored of him, we could create our own character from scratch.

Banned
    Sadly, I believe that there isn't going to be much of a future for the splinter cell series if they keep this constant changing up...